Tippmann Arms M4-22

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

honda chris
Home club or Range: chalfont

Re: Tippmann Arms M4-22

#11 Post by honda chris »

I have the new short barreled pro model.
I have to say a great gun. Out of the box it really wants for nothing. I've shot mine in a few small club comps and it holds its own.
Its hands down miles better than the s&w and the tippmann mags won't wear out and the feed lips are replaceable.
I can't comment on the spikes but of the number of lantacs I've shot and seen on shoots I've never seen one that hasn't had feed issues during a shoot.
I've never seen the point of swapping uppers for .22 to fullbore rifles. Just run separate dedicated rifles.
Chris
MistAgain

#12 Post by MistAgain »

BamBam wrote: It also chafes that this is a $550 rifle at retail and nearly £1000 here.
Its $550.00 + sales tax in USA . I thought you would have known that .

And dont forget what it costs to get the things here .
Export licence.
Insurance.
Shipping to Airport.
Export agent fees.
Air freight.
Customs clearance in UK
Airline handling.
Security handling.
Duty VAT advance fee.
Duty.
VAT.
Shipping to proof house.
Proof fees.
Return shipping from proof house .

And best of all , you can actually speak to the importer/distributer .
And you can drop into many gun shops and see and handle the Tippman.
I cant do that with a Lantaccy can I ?
BamBam

#13 Post by BamBam »

MistAgain wrote:
BamBam wrote: It also chafes that this is a $550 rifle at retail and nearly £1000 here.

Export licence.
Insurance.
Shipping to Airport.
Export agent fees.
Air freight.
Customs clearance in UK
Airline handling.
Security handling.
Duty VAT advance fee.
Duty.
VAT.
Shipping to proof house.
Proof fees.

It's wholesale price, the price that dealer's pay is just over $400, Around £310 at today's rate.
You seriously didn't think that they pay full retail did you? lol
MistAgain

#14 Post by MistAgain »

BamBam wrote:
MistAgain wrote:

Export licence.
Insurance.
Shipping to Airport.
Export agent fees.
Air freight.
Customs clearance in UK
Airline handling.
Security handling.
Duty VAT advance fee.
Duty.
VAT.
Shipping to proof house.
Proof fees.

It's wholesale price, the price that dealer's pay is just over $400, Around £310 at today's rate.
You seriously didn't think that they pay full retail did you? lol
You quoted a retail price but forgot to mention sales tax .

I am sure that all the members of this board realise that the Tippman importers would not be paying retail price .
But they may not be aware of all the extra costs involved bringing firearms into the UK .
Sim G
Past Supporter

#15 Post by Sim G »

honda chris wrote: Its hands down miles better than the s&w and the tippmann mags won't wear out and the feed lips are replaceable.

"Hands down miles better than an S&W"....? What do you mean, "better"? Feels better or performs better? Feels, I'd give you as that is very subjective. But if you're referring to performs, I'd call BS. And certainly not "hands down miles"!

I had my Smith for five years. Put at least 30000 rounds through it. It chewed up everything from cheap Magtech all the to a box of RWS R50 that I ran through it for sh1ts & giggles at 100yds. (With its 12" solid, Thompson Centre made barrel, it put the 50 rounds into four inches, rested off a bag) The rest of the time I just ran it as often or not, as fast as it would go.

The magazines are the best "AR rimfire" mags there are. I've dropped them full, ejected them empty, hit concrete indoor range floors, grass, gravel and sand. Never had one break, never had one not work. With a Boonie Packer, I still use them.

"It's plastic!". No, it's not, it's polymer. No one would dare claim that the Glock isn't built for longevity, so why would a 15-22 not be, considering it's the same material that S&W build their M&P pistols from? And having actually dropped the rifle itself a couple of times, it survived far better, with nary a mark, than mu current aluminium rifle would have done!

I changed mine for a Spikes ST-22, which is set up almost exactly as my Bradley .223 is. It's a lovely rifle but needs to be clean and despite the quality, doesn't give the same level of confidence that the Smith gave. That may change, and I hope it does because I could have had three Smiths for the cost of the Spikes. The Spikes does feel different. It mounts, shoots and carries like a rifle would be envisaged to, but there's no way it's hands down better than my Smith!

Tippmann airsoft and paintball markers always had a good reputation, so hopefully the rimfire will prove so. Didn't happen for GSG that had a similar pedigree...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
BamBam

#16 Post by BamBam »

MistAgain wrote: You quoted a retail price but forgot to mention sales tax .
No state sales tax on exports.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Tippmann Arms M4-22

#17 Post by safetyfirst »

Sim G wrote:. ...
what Sim said
honda chris
Home club or Range: chalfont

#18 Post by honda chris »

The magazines are the best "AR rimfire" mags there are.
Maybe so but the wear and when the feed lips are worn the mags are scrap. I have a few u/s 15/22 mags

Tippmann airsoft and paintball markers always had a good reputation, so hopefully the rimfire will prove so. Didn't happen for GSG that had a similar pedigree...[/quote]
Tippmann manufactured firearms before they did Airsoft and paintball markers.
They used to make scale machine guns for the US market and they are highly sort after now.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#19 Post by Sim G »

I have 10 S&W mags and absolutely none of them show any wear around the lips and on a average have each had well over 3000 rounds each through them. I’ll take your old ones if you’ve deemed they’re now no good for you.

Tippmann Arms started with nigh on a hand built Browning M1919 in the middle 80s. They only got to make them for a couple of years until the law changed. Then they went to making paintball then air soft. Only started firearm manufacture again in 2017, some 30 years after the last gun left the shop.

I’m not saying they are perhaps not good rifles but they’ll certainly not be hands down miles better than a smith.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#20 Post by Gh0st »

if you look at it from a competition point of view the top shooters dont use tippman they use S&W. now some of that maybe historical as the MP 15/22 were around first but you cant argue that they aren't reliable and accurate enough. Certainly more so than my far more expensive AR....
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk