Cheap LPVO/red dot?

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

BeerBelly
Home club or Range: Middlewick

Cheap LPVO/red dot?

#1 Post by BeerBelly »

Has anyone had good experiences with the cheaper end LPVOs (low power variable optics) or red dots? I'm interested in the Primary Arms SLX but I can't find anyone talking about them on there.

How does Primary Arms compare to the other budget optic providers, like Hawke, Nikko, and Delta?

For reference, I'm looking to spend around £100-£150, and it's go on an M&P 15-22.
MistAgain

Re: Cheap LPVO/red dot?

#2 Post by MistAgain »

Not many people are talking about them because they are new(ish) to the UK market.
Sportsman are the distributers .
They are made in China like most things are and probably sold under half a dozen different brand names .
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#3 Post by Gh0st »

I managed to have a fondle at the last practical shooting show. I had originally short listed based on spec. However after handling the primary arms i removed it from my short list. The Basic Strike Eagle from Vortex is a far better option.

I have just put a Viper PST Gen 2 on mine and its a great bit of kit.
Attachments
1901A65B-F977-4479-8FC7-B089AE126FA3.jpeg
AAAD1FBB-083B-4DB8-99CE-0ED94B6BEE35.jpeg
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
BeerBelly
Home club or Range: Middlewick

#4 Post by BeerBelly »

I love the look of the reticle on the Strike Eagle, and I'll probably pick one up eventually (maybe christmas?) but unfortunately it's a bit outside my budget for now :(
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#5 Post by Gh0st »

in which case stick a cheap Red dot on and start saving, there are some good deals to be had on the 1-6 strike eagles too.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Hunter87

#6 Post by Hunter87 »

Holosun make very high quality red dots.
BamBam

#7 Post by BamBam »

You get what you pay for, the cheaper red dots can be a bit crap. Primary Arms has a better warranty than most, but nothing that compares to Vortex unless you're buying a scope above a certain value.

For cheap reliable and excellent on a M&P 15-22 I would go with the Vortex Crossfire, around £145.

Primary arms do a SLX 2 moa for around £91, but for proper height over bore you need the mount at £38.