Product recall for M&P 15-22

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: Product recall for M&P 15-22

#21 Post by TattooedGun »

Thorney wrote:We are just waiting for the specifications of the tool, its easy enough to measure with a a vernier or micro feeler guages.

We've checked all of ours, all are on the list and all are over a minimum 0.044"

Sportsman are awaiting boss to come back before doing anything but there are a few places who have gone loonie tunes and banned them, massive over reaction.
That's not what you said on facebook...

You said they were from 0.041" to 0.045" so why say here they are all over a minimum of 0.044"? Which incidentally is over the 0.043" minimum SAAMI spec for .22lr cartridges. Weird that you'd be selective with the information you provide on different sources, no?
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#22 Post by strangesam »

I’ve just had an email from sportsman,

They are currently asking 15-22 owners to box them, return them to our local red from whence they will be dispatched to sportsman for testing before return.

Not convinced by this personally.
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#23 Post by Thorney »

TattooedGun wrote:
Thorney wrote:We are just waiting for the specifications of the tool, its easy enough to measure with a a vernier or micro feeler guages.

We've checked all of ours, all are on the list and all are over a minimum 0.044"

Sportsman are awaiting boss to come back before doing anything but there are a few places who have gone loonie tunes and banned them, massive over reaction.

You said they were from 0.041" to 0.045" so why say here they are all over a minimum of 0.044"? Which incidentally is over the 0.043" minimum SAAMI spec for .22lr cartridges. Weird that you'd be selective with the information you provide on different sources, no?
I had one I measured at 0.041" which I re-measured. Its not an easy thing to measure with a vernier as its a sloped surface, you'll forgive me after 26 rifles checked I got one wrong (happened to be my race rifle - 8 years old). So what we did was use the mini feeler guages to measure to the level (as per the S&W test) and then verier measured that to get an accurate measure. OK?

However until I see the actual measurement of he tool from S&W (which we still dont have) I'm still checking each rifle before its fired here just to be sure.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#24 Post by TattooedGun »

Thorney wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:

I had one I measured at 0.041" which I re-measured. Its not an easy thing to measure with a vernier as its a sloped surface, you'll forgive me after 26 rifles checked I got one wrong (happened to be my race rifle - 8 years old). So what we did was use the mini feeler guages to measure to the level (as per the S&W test) and then verier measured that to get an accurate measure. OK?

However until I see the actual measurement of he tool from S&W (which we still dont have) I'm still checking each rifle before its fired here just to be sure.
Just curious, without any measurements from S&W, what are you checking each rifle for...?
Thorney

#25 Post by Thorney »

SAAMI tolerance. I'm not doing this as a difinitive test, I'd like the actual tool measurements for that, but it can give me comfort I dont have any issue with the guns I have here which for the moment thats all I can do.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#26 Post by TattooedGun »

Thorney wrote:SAAMI tolerance. I'm not doing this as a difinitive test, I'd like the actual tool measurements for that, but it can give me comfort I dont have any issue with the guns I have here which for the moment thats all I can do.
Fair enough
thankssign
Thorney

#27 Post by Thorney »

We are being sent a tool asap.
Egg on Leggs1
Home club or Range: Kings Heath Rifle Club

#28 Post by Egg on Leggs1 »

S&W are now shipping gauges to UK, just ordered one which should arrive in 2-3 weeks.

https://store.smith-wesson.com/m-p15-22 ... order-form