Lantac LA-SF .22lr

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

BamBam

Re: Lantac LA-SF .22lr

#11 Post by BamBam »

Compact in the house.

Andy

#12 Post by Andy »

Nice !
I need to shift my Kriss first
BamBam

#13 Post by BamBam »

Shot mine today.
Raining as usual so I just zeroed the 1-4 and then shot 400 rounds off hand, CCI Standard.
No ammo issues and for a milspec trigger, that ALG QMS is pretty good.
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#14 Post by shugie »

Compact is the dogs, balance is right and it points nicely. Saw a Calibre Innovations 9mm straight pull last weekend, apparently that can be had with a 12" barrel, and I must admit to being tempted, would be a very similar size and weight to my Lantac 22.
Careful now/that sort of thing
BamBam

#15 Post by BamBam »

The barrel profile and handguard is really important, the latest incarnation of CI is still using a fairly heavy handguard.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#16 Post by Gh0st »

BamBam wrote:The barrel profile and handguard is really important, the latest incarnation of CI is still using a fairly heavy handguard.
Did you try before you brought one?
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
BamBam

#17 Post by BamBam »

Gh0st wrote:
Did you try before you brought one?
Try what?
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#18 Post by Gh0st »

The hand guard on your Lantac? You mentioned it was important... just wondered if you tried yours before you brought it?

I know I was after a particular handguard but when I actually got it in my hands I didn’t like it so switched
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
BamBam

#19 Post by BamBam »

Gh0st wrote:The hand guard on your Lantac? You mentioned it was important... just wondered if you tried yours before you brought it?

I know I was after a particular handguard but when I actually got it in my hands I didn’t like it so switched
I've followed the development of the Lantac SPADA handguards for some time. I have the first incarnation the SPADA-S on my CMMG, I have the M-LOK version on my straight pull Raven and now the ML, which stands for M-LOK Lightweight and is the standard handguard on the SF and now also on their Gen II Raven straight pull.

The whole LA-SF15 range was on the Lantac booth at Shot show, with the ML handguards. The .223 version of the LA-SF15 we get here in .22 is the Patrol, which is a very well balanced law enforcement carbine and had just passed tests with the LV PD that month, officially approved. Booth had a lot of local retailers and LEOs visting to check it out.

So while I didn't get to shoot it, the handling characteristics were evident. Throughout the week I visited just about every major manufacturer and got to handle what they have on offer. Most were still too chunky and had no feel of lightness. It's probably only a few ounces heavier than a carbon handguard.

I can't wait to to shoot a 3 gun match with a 16" .223 SF rifle, it's got to be worth breaking into the top 50 at the ProAm.