Ruger 10/22 charging handle extension

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

swotty
Home club or Range: FDPC & NRA

Ruger 10/22 charging handle extension

#1 Post by swotty »

Does anyone know if anyone makes a slip on charger handle extension available for a Ruger 10/22? I say slip on but obviously thinking of a grub screw or similar to hold it in place.
Ginger

Re: Ruger 10/22 charging handle extension

#2 Post by Ginger »

Ever thought of making your own with a 9mm or .38 case? Maybe epoxy it on rather than a grub screw.

I have one of these which is nice

https://www.brownells.co.uk/RUGER-10/22 ... -100003562
swotty

#3 Post by swotty »

Ginger wrote:Ever thought of making your own with a 9mm or .38 case? Maybe epoxy it on rather than a grub screw.

I have one of these which is nice

https://www.brownells.co.uk/RUGER-10/22 ... -100003562
Funny you should mention that, after a quick Google I saw something like you've mentioned, might have a play with a .303 case on the weekend :-)

Sent from my Moto G (5) using "An application"
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#4 Post by Les »

swotty wrote:Does anyone know if anyone makes a slip on charger handle extension available for a Ruger 10/22? I say slip on but obviously thinking of a grub screw or similar to hold it in place.
There are several extended bolt handles for the 10/22 on ebay and Brownells, but it involves removing the bolt, so if you're not comfortable with that then epoxy is probably the way to go.
swotty

#5 Post by swotty »

Les wrote:
swotty wrote:Does anyone know if anyone makes a slip on charger handle extension available for a Ruger 10/22? I say slip on but obviously thinking of a grub screw or similar to hold it in place.
There are several extended bolt handles for the 10/22 on ebay and Brownells, but it involves removing the bolt, so if you're not comfortable with that then epoxy is probably the way to go.

Yes, I had a look at Brownells. More than happy to strip to fit one but was just looking for a cheaper option. Thanks.