Eley Action

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Eley Action

#1 Post by Sim G »

Chaps and chapesses!

Not often someone shivers up a recommendation for ammunition, but honestly, Eley may have come up with the new benchmark in rimfire ammo for the club/recreational shooter!

We are always filling the cabinets at the club with all sorts of rimfire stuff for our gallery section. Invariably, we hold Eley Sport and Eley Match for small bore target shooters and rimfire Benchrest, and use Eley Sport and whatever else for the gallery. CCI standard and mini mag and Blazer HV are the main stays there. One comment has always been to get a good level of accuracy with the reliability for the semis. Basically a cross between the Sport and the Mini Mag...

Then comes along Eley Action. In the guns tested so far, 10/22 Target, Spikes Tactical, Weirauch HW60, CZ 452 and 455 and Marlin m39 and some BSA, Feinwerkbau and Weirauch target rifles, accuracy has been really, really good. But in the semis, reliability has been outstanding!

At around £75 per 1000, it sits right in the middle of the price range of "club" rimfire. Seriously, get a box and try it. It appears very, very promising....

And it's British! :flag13:

https://www.henrykrank.com/ammunition-b ... r-100.html

http://eley.co.uk/eley-action/
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Re: Eley Action

#2 Post by Dellboy »

i second that our club use it and i have just supplied them with another 5000 so if your in Essex i have some available
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

rox

#3 Post by rox »

I've been having great results with it. NSRA price is £65.00/1,000.
To think I nearly bought 'Match' when they stopped making 'Edge'. Phew.
Rockhopper

#4 Post by Rockhopper »

Have they stopped Edge then? Its still shown on their web site.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

I won a few hundred in some mini-rifles comps last year and its been sitting gathering dust since. I decided to 'get rid' of it in a mini-rifle practice match a week gone Monday and my 15-22 chewed through it without a single stoppage (but it normally does that any to be fair!), no complaints here! I need a round to switch to as mini-mag is getting stupidly expensive to blaze away with. I think i've still got 50-75 left so might take it down the club for some accuracy testing and if it works with my gun make the switch.
DVC
shotgun sam

#6 Post by shotgun sam »

I bought 50 Eley Action subsonic ammo to try it out as I usually use CCI Standard, I will be using more of them as they are consistently more accurate than the CCI Standard
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
smk 19 (0.22)
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410
1917 BSA SMLE 303
rox

#7 Post by rox »

Rockhopper wrote:Have they stopped Edge then? Its still shown on their web site.
That's what they told me in the NSRA shop when I went to buy some in December.

When I went to stock up on Action on Sunday there was also a new product, 'Action Plus' (IIRC), which is apparently a little faster.
BamBam

#8 Post by BamBam »

I shot the Eley Action back to back with CCI Std and the Eley worked very well and the groups were tighter.

Now if I could find a local supplier...
RDC

#9 Post by RDC »

I'm gonna have to see what price McAvoys have it in for when next down there. I like minimag, however I want to avoid stocking different ammo for my different .22 rifles. If it really is a Jack of all trades, it's worth giving it a bash to replace the 3 different types I currently use.
BamBam

#10 Post by BamBam »

McAvoys don't have it listed. Kirklees in Huddersfield have it listed for £56/1000. Good price.