Eley Action

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: Eley Action

#61 Post by Gh0st »

I've been running Geco in my AR and LBP, it has been fine, in fact, its the only thing that ran well after testing about 10 different boxes of various ammo. it is greasy tho. small price to pay really.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
RDC

#62 Post by RDC »

Blackstuff wrote:Quite shocking considering the guy in charge of Eley is a keen (and very good) shooter himself and will no doubt be using his own stuff!

Have people getting more than a couple per hundred reported the batch numbers to Eley?
I've asked the Secretary to gather info from those trying the ammo in the club. I intend to then submit the details of the scale of the problem, along with batch numbers.

I've been slowly building the interest in practical shooting within the club, and I am keen to try and make people's experiences of it as smooth as possible. Reliable ammo is a part of that.
Ralph
Past Supporter

#63 Post by Ralph »

I rattled 100 rounds of acton through a Marlin 39 today
and apart from a noticeable slightly different smell and they
seemed to have a bit more go in them than expected no
problems every one went with a reasonable group size.
Ralph NW UK
Interested in muzzle loading and anything that makes a loud noise and goes fast.