Ruger Precision rimfire

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

BamBam

Re: Ruger Precision rimfire

#31 Post by BamBam »

Isn't there an issue with the accuracy dropping off after a few thousand rounds due to the lack of bedding for the action?
I seem to remember there's a fix with silver tape.
Adamdavi3s
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers

#32 Post by Adamdavi3s »

Just to update this in case anyone comes across it as I’ve spent a fair bit of time with mine.
I traded my 455 for one, the 455 was incredible at 50 but started to really drop off at 100.
I tried an RPR out and was sold when I could bounce a golf ball around at 100 and the trigger was much nicer than the 455 even with the RM job.

I’ve foil bedded it and more critically I've torqued the action screws properly (30ft/Lb), it was not an accurate rifle before I did this

With Edge which it really likes then it can easily do .8” at 100 on a still day and will cloverleaf at 50 but I still think the 455 was better at 50.

The 30MOA Rail is good with the right scope, I have a 50y zero and can dial the ffp sidewinder to 300yards (just) ready for PRL this year.

The trigger is good but I’ll probably end up changing it

The short/long throw bolt is cool, I have mine set long so it’s more like a trainer for my centre fire

The not so great, the scope gives me something like 7mil left and 14right, having tried different mounts and scopes, they all behave the same so it’s something in the rifle.

The finish is crap, had mine ceracoated
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#33 Post by Cornish-Viking »

I had one of these Rugers and was sold about how amazing they were. Long story short..... its gone. I think I expected too much from it. I tried bedding the action but it was no better. I think it makes a fun gong basher if that's what you are into.
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/
FB66
Home club or Range: Bedford & LMRA Bisley

#34 Post by FB66 »

I have one and love it. I having to reluctantly sell mine to fund a second target rifle.

420 rounds through mine and loved it just can't have three rimfire in the cabinet.