Ruger Precision rimfire

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Ruger Precision rimfire

#21 Post by DaveB »

Swarf in the chamber? Sounds like Ruger's quality control is not what one would hope to see. Victim of their own success?
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#22 Post by Alpha1 »

dodgyrog wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:One of the members had one at the Club last Tuesday evening to zero. Its fitted with a vortex scope he said the whole package including the scope was just under £1000. Its accurate enough but no more accurate than my CZ that cost me just over £300.
Horses for courses I suppose not something that I hanker after. But it's nice enough rifle.
Was that the one with swarf in the chamber or the replacement?
That must of been a some one else Rog the one he was using worked flawlessly. Just not my cup of tea. I won't be rushing out and buying one.
Yamavira
Home club or Range: Catterick

#23 Post by Yamavira »

That was the replacement Rog. However the owner is quite happy with it.

Yamavira.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#24 Post by dodgyrog »

Yamavira wrote:That was the replacement Rog. However the owner is quite happy with it.

Yamavira.
New shooter - easily pleased!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#25 Post by Mattnall »

dodgyrog wrote: Was that the one with swarf in the chamber or the replacement?
Did somebody forget to clean the barrel before first firing it? troutslapping
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
GlockworkOrange
Home club or Range: Parkstone Gun Club

#26 Post by GlockworkOrange »

Somebody at my club was shooting one last night. It certainly looks cool, and is definitely accurate, but no more so than my CZ455. There's nothing wrong with it but unless you want one because you love how it looks you can get an equally accurate rifle for less.
Matt101
Home club or Range: Kingsbury

#27 Post by Matt101 »

I have had a go with one of these. Still prefer my mates CZ455. To the point I've bought a 455 too.
walesdave

#28 Post by walesdave »

Anyone know of any where doing these for sub £600 ?
I fancy getting one but the budget is tight and the wife is only away on holiday for another few days so I have to move quick ;)
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#29 Post by TattooedGun »

So the general consensus with these is, if you like the look, and are willing to pay more for a tactical looking rifle, they shoot okay?

I've got a friend whose going through the process of joining the club and is itching to buy one of these as soon as he gets his ticket. Usually I'd put people off rushing out to buy the latest Gucci items when other rifles will do better jobs for less money, but in this case, I'm actually a little intrigued.

As the CZ is such a common item, is there a tac stock that gets you the same "look" as the RPRR but without the cost, or is it a good bet to go with the RPRR if that's your desired look?

I'm a massive non-fan of Rugers in terms of 10/22, I'd rather chew my own arm off than shoot one, but I'm intrigued if they've nailed it with this rifle.
Triffid
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Wey Valley

#30 Post by Triffid »

I think they've made a grab for the tacticool bolt action market with the RPRR, not having much of a response to the equivalent semi-auto one.
Two members of my club have bought them. Generally fine, I don't think much of the triggers (as factory set). But no more accurate than a CZ or Finnfire.

Triffid