Voere Semi Auto Extractors

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Voere Semi Auto Extractors

#21 Post by 1066 »

I really don't think drilling the stub out is an option. It's an almost perfect "non-drill" set-up, a 2.5mm spring steel rod, staked at the bottom of 40mm X 5mm hole.
A possible option might be to machine a new top (like a Chinese coolie hat) with a small collar, like fitting a clock hand to the arbour. Then Tig weld the centre pip. There needs to be about 2mm movement in one direction.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Ovenpaa

#22 Post by Ovenpaa »

Agreed, I doubt I would entertain the idea of drilling the stub although TIG welding is an option I will explore the idea of machining the stake/swage out first. I am on the Mill as an early job today so might even take a look a that point.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
FrenchieBoy
Home club or Range: Chadderton Rifle & Pistol Club

#23 Post by FrenchieBoy »

swotty wrote:Try contacting Voere directly their customer service is superb, I needed a spring replacing and they sent it to me free of charge.
I have a Voere semi-auto .22LR which needed a few parts as it wasn't cycling properly. I contacted Voere in Austria and found their customer service excellent. They sold me a new Firing Pin, Firing Pin Spring and Action Return Spring for next to nothing and got the parts to me over here in the Uk in record time. The parts were a doddle to fit and now the rifle never misses a beat no matter what type of ammo I run through it, and it is as accurate as the day it was made - Even with (Cheap as Chips) Remington Sub-Sonics!
Ovenpaa

#24 Post by Ovenpaa »

..and as if by luck, we called into Southerton Guns this lunchtime, had a look around and I asked if they had a Voere bolt lying around. Yup, yours for a fiver was the reply :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal

#25 Post by 1066 »

Excellent result.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com