Gun Cabinet

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
MarkW
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Mendip Shooting Club

Gun Cabinet

#1 Post by MarkW »

I hm waiting for a gun cabinet to come into stock at my local stockists. I can't book my Police visit until I have it. But then got me thinking, if I order online I can probably get a cabinet overnight or within a couple of days.
Has anyone any views or used this company before? They look like a decent cabinet but then I don't know a huge amount about them. Am I better off waiting to get 1 from the local place?

https://www.ultimate-safe.co.uk/gun-cab ... h-ammo-box

TIA
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: Gun Cabinet

#2 Post by Mattnall »

The cabinet should be OK if fitted right.

If you need one quick there are many (and cheap) on the Bay of e and these have proved OK to the local enquiry officers even if it is just for the early days of your travels in to the World that is shooting.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
MarkW
Past Supporter

#3 Post by MarkW »

Thanks, I'll give the local stockist a couple of days, I like to support local companies plus the face to face makes it easier to deal with sometimes should there ever be an isue
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#4 Post by Gh0st »

Ive just ordered a new brattonsound MT9+ online this morning. Price matched it through safe.co.uk.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#5 Post by Geek »

Whatever size of safe you think you will need, buy one larger. Scoped rifles take up a lot more space than you think.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Webley
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#6 Post by Webley »

Mark

If you can wait and want to support your local shop that is a nice thing to do. Those safes are on Amazon, but at a higher price than the safe website. Be aware that it may just be shipped direct from the manufacturer or UK distributing warehouse not that safe website or Amazon stock. It is likely that it will be kerbside delivery so you will have to get it down your path, in to the house and up the stairs etc.

What type of guns are you planning on putting in that safe? The 12cm stated depth looks quite shallow so it wont take a scoped rifle well or an AR type gun due to the grip sticking out. The stated number of guns that you can fit in gun cabinets typically seems to be based on shotguns not rifles which are a bit bigger and scopes add to this quite a bit. If you do wait for one to be in at your local store ask them to place four of their guns in the cabinet before you buy to check it is big enough for you. You may want another box for shotgun ammo as although you don't have to lock it up is it best to and it takes up a lot of space. Two additional things you may want to get are some form of moisture absorbing system to keep it all rust free in the cabinet and gun socks to keep the guns from knocking against each other as you take things in and out. Both are cheap to buy but worth it IMHO.

Matt
kevinww

#7 Post by kevinww »

I'm lucky that i can almost spit and hit the Brattonsound factory, however they don't sell direct but ship from factory, however they will let you collect.
So last safe was ordered over phone from Mole valley, told them I would collect so no delivery charge, they placed the order there and then, I phoned factory to check if order was all ok and went and picked it up. Less than an hour from deciding to buy til I was struggling to get it up the stairs indoors.
BamBam

#8 Post by BamBam »

Geek wrote:Whatever size of safe you think you will need, buy one larger. Scoped rifles take up a lot more space than you think.
AR15 and tactical type rifles with pistol grips take up even more space once they have scopes on.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#9 Post by Pete »

What Geek said.........I have two Bratton MT9+ extra talls, and it's just about possible to get four scoped rifles in each without bashing them into each other.

They're supposed to be 9 gun safes.................

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
MarkW
Past Supporter

#10 Post by MarkW »

Webley wrote:Mark

If you can wait and want to support your local shop that is a nice thing to do. Those safes are on Amazon, but at a higher price than the safe website. Be aware that it may just be shipped direct from the manufacturer or UK distributing warehouse not that safe website or Amazon stock. It is likely that it will be kerbside delivery so you will have to get it down your path, in to the house and up the stairs etc.

What type of guns are you planning on putting in that safe? The 12cm stated depth looks quite shallow so it wont take a scoped rifle well or an AR type gun due to the grip sticking out. The stated number of guns that you can fit in gun cabinets typically seems to be based on shotguns not rifles which are a bit bigger and scopes add to this quite a bit. If you do wait for one to be in at your local store ask them to place four of their guns in the cabinet before you buy to check it is big enough for you. You may want another box for shotgun ammo as although you don't have to lock it up is it best to and it takes up a lot of space. Two additional things you may want to get are some form of moisture absorbing system to keep it all rust free in the cabinet and gun socks to keep the guns from knocking against each other as you take things in and out. Both are cheap to buy but worth it IMHO.

Matt

Thank you. I have until the 31st to fit a safe before my visit from plod. So local place should be good.
I'm only intending to buy 2 shotguns, 1 each for me and er indoors. We looked at a 3 gun safe and it was small. Even the Mrs said it was small and we needed to buy a bigger version. Will be calling the gunshop later today to see what stock they have.