Gun Cabinet

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
rox

Re: Gun Cabinet

#11 Post by rox »

MarkW wrote:Has anyone any views or used this company before? They look like a decent cabinet but then I don't know a huge amount about them. Am I better off waiting to get 1 from the local place?

https://www.ultimate-safe.co.uk/gun-cab ... h-ammo-box
There were a bunch of these being sold with 'Light cosmetic damage' at a reduced price. I think there may still be some available. Contact me if interested.

These were the comments of 5 buyers, 4 of whom are known to me:

"I've had one of these it was literally a scratch in the paint down the side that faces the wall anyway. Very very happy"
"Our club bought lots, various sizes. No issues at all other than minor paint damage and one with a ding on the corner. Perfectly serviceable."
"Mine arrived, a couple of light scratches on the paint on one side, very happy!"
"Locker arrived this afternoon, almost perfect condition... 2 paint chips on the back and one on the side. Crazy quick delivery too. "

In one case the buyer was unhappy with the level of damage and the cab was replaced with an acceptible one, after which the buyer wrote:
"Just wanted to add that I now have a near perfect condition replacement for the one that arrived damaged."
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Gun Cabinet

#12 Post by Pippin89 »

I have the 6 gun version of this cabinet. Can't complain! Came quickly and is robust enough to withstand the FEO swinging on it! Even took me swinging on it and I'm really fat!
It is a cheap cabinet at the end of the day so the key doesn't operate as smoothly as you would like and the fixings that come with it are terrible. I bought some resin anchors to do it properly. But for what you pay it really can't be faulted too much!