Altberg boots

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Altberg boots

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

Not really a gun shop all though they are the go-to supplier for fitted boots for the Military and Police in the North East of England. If you visit the factory/shop it's normally full of MOD and Police personnel.
I bought my last pair of boots from them 10 years ago obviously my feet have changed since then but they are still all most like new.(My Son snaffled them he has been after them for years)
It's my 68th birthday coming up so the usual question what do you want. A new pair of Altberg boots so we visited the Factory shop my feet were measured and after several fittings, I came away with my new boots a pair of Police Peacekeepers Aqua. At £147 I think its money well spent if I get ten years out of them and are able to pass them on to my Son whilst buying a replacement pair. I have no complaints at all. And he is loving his new to him boots.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Altberg boots

#2 Post by mag41uk »

What shop and where?
Rockhopper

#3 Post by Rockhopper »

I’ve had a pair of black sneakers now for many years. As comfy as slippers but they are getting close to needing new soles soon.
Dahonis

#4 Post by Dahonis »

mag41uk wrote:What shop and where?
Richmond, N.Yorks.

A very good shop.
micken
Home club or Range: Yorkshire Shooting Centre, Huddersfield

#5 Post by micken »

Rockhopper wrote:I’ve had a pair of black sneakers now for many years. As comfy as slippers but they are getting close to needing new soles soon.
I've fitted myself out with a couple of pairs of boots from the factory shop, the Mallerstangs and the Tethras, which are on their second pair of soles. I also took my wife and two of my daughters there to get fitted with Tethras and they all love them too. One pair got my youngest daughter round the Andes last year.

Great boots and excellent service.
DL.

#7 Post by DL. »

micken wrote:
Rockhopper wrote:I’ve had a pair of black sneakers now for many years. As comfy as slippers but they are getting close to needing new soles soon.
I've fitted myself out with a couple of pairs of boots from the factory shop, the Mallerstangs and the Tethras, which are on their second pair of soles. I also took my wife and two of my daughters there to get fitted with Tethras and they all love them too. One pair got my youngest daughter round the Andes last year.

Great boots and excellent service.
My wife has the same two pairs of boots.

Got fitted in the factory shop, then it so happened they had a pair of mallerstangs in her exact size reduced. The problem - a small mark on the leather about the size of a five pence piece, great result.

As we go walking quite often I wanted a second pair for when they first pair got wet, so ordered a pair of tehras, but as a special order with a pair of rhino soles, as I have found the maasai soles on my bergan boots to be quite soft and fast wearing.

Initially I turned my nose up at leder gris, having used kiwi for years, but came round to the fact that it does work better, allowing the boots to absorb the oil they need.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Sim G »

Began wearing Altberg in 1989 as my issued boots were shocking! Have worn various models on and off duty, all round the world since. Have currently three pairs on the go...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Matt101
Home club or Range: Kingsbury

#9 Post by Matt101 »

I use Altbergs at work as I am walking about all day and rarely off my feet. I have 2 pairs. My older pair I use on range days and newer ones for work. Without doubt the most comfortable boots I've ever owned.