Optics Warehouse, as good as it gets?

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
SeaMonkey

Optics Warehouse, as good as it gets?

#1 Post by SeaMonkey »

This is a bit of a waffle but it's worth saying I think.
I took my 3 year old IOR Operator 6-24x50 to the 2019 NEC Shooting Show as it had developed a parallax "clicking" issue and hoped that the guys at the Optics Warehouse stand may be able to offer some advice.
Upon inspection it was instantly decided, by OW, that they would send it back to IOR under warranty. In conversation, it was mentioned by OW that they may be able to lend me a "loan" scope from the seconhand section to use while mine is in repair but I took this as just a "thinking out loud" moment. I didn't expect to hear anything more until my scopes return but, Wednesday just gone, I got a phone call from OW asking if an Athlon Argos would be suitable as a loaner to tide me over until the return of my IOR. Perfect.
Less than 24 hours later, DPD deliver a brand new Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 from OW.
I'm totally blown away by Optics Warehouse, they just seem to do everything right as far as my past experiences go and the experiences of my colleagues. They had no obligation to help me out but I'm incredibly grateful that they did and for their excellent service.
Thanks Optics Warehouse, top service from a top company.
The Athlon Argos BTR is very impressive in it's own right too.

Ok, end of waffle, I'm going away now.
Cheers
Gazza

Re: Optics Warehouse, as good as it gets?

#2 Post by Gazza »

I rate them highly too. :good:
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#3 Post by Daryll »

Yep, I've had good dealings with them too.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#4 Post by 20series »

That's customer service at it's best.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
RDC

#5 Post by RDC »

They certainly are a fantastic retailer.
Dunc
Home club or Range: Marlow

#6 Post by Dunc »

As I posted on your thread on the other channel, Optics Warehouse are brilliant. I've had great service from Lisa@OW when I encountered a problem (not of their making) and when my lad was after a scope mount, the advice and help he was given was top rate. Makes a chance to speak to people who know what they're doing and can make things happen when issues arise.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#7 Post by Andy632 »

Can't complain, had a Sightron repaired under its lifetime warranty.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
BamBam

#8 Post by BamBam »

Didn't buy anything, but JP was really helpful and pointed us in the right direction. Can't ask for more.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#9 Post by Les »

I've never had a problem with 'em either. They are always very helpful and knowledgeable, and if they say they'll do something, then you know that they're not just giving you a BS story. Definitely a good company to do business with. :good:
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#10 Post by shugie »

An example that many could learn from, helpful, polite, enthusiastic and where I get all my scopes and relevant bits from. The fact they have keen prices as well is a bonus.
Careful now/that sort of thing