Anyone had dealings with Donaldson's Guns Milton Keynes

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
spartan7510
Home club or Range: HHRC

Re: Anyone had dealings with Donaldson's Guns Milton Keynes

#11 Post by spartan7510 »

My friend bought a box fed Armsan practical shotgun from them brand new. The action never stayed open on the last round, a requirement for practical shotgun. I took the video of this as evidence at Winnans. He took it back to them, said they would refund his money and send back to the distributor. A couple of weeks later, he looked on guntrader and noted his used shotgun (from serial number) now been advertised as a 'demo model' by them and back on shop floor again. Very naughty of them....
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#12 Post by snayperskaya »

spartan7510 wrote:My friend bought a box fed Armsan practical shotgun from them brand new. The action never stayed open on the last round, a requirement for practical shotgun. I took the video of this as evidence at Winnans. He took it back to them, said they would refund his money and send back to the distributor. A couple of weeks later, he looked on guntrader and noted his used shotgun (from serial number) now been advertised as a 'demo model' by them and back on shop floor again. Very naughty of them....
Playing Devils Advocate could it not be the case that they actually fixed the problem themselves without having to send it back to the distributor and it was fully sorted so they put it up for sale again?.The fact it was for sale again doesn't necessarily mean they did/were doing anything underhand or "very naughty".
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
spartan7510
Home club or Range: HHRC

#13 Post by spartan7510 »

snayperskaya wrote:
spartan7510 wrote:My friend bought a box fed Armsan practical shotgun from them brand new. The action never stayed open on the last round, a requirement for practical shotgun. I took the video of this as evidence at Winnans. He took it back to them, said they would refund his money and send back to the distributor. A couple of weeks later, he looked on guntrader and noted his used shotgun (from serial number) now been advertised as a 'demo model' by them and back on shop floor again. Very naughty of them....
Playing Devils Advocate could it not be the case that they actually fixed the problem themselves without having to send it back to the distributor and it was fully sorted so they put it up for sale again?.The fact it was for sale again doesn't necessarily mean they did/were doing anything underhand or "very naughty".
Quite possibly, even if it was repaired, advertising it back on the shop floor as a 'demo' when is was a faulty used return is clearly not ethical business practice in my opinion.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#14 Post by snayperskaya »

spartan7510 wrote:
Quite possibly, even if it was repaired, advertising it back on the shop floor as a 'demo' when is was a faulty used return is clearly not ethical business practice in my opinion.

I agree, it should have been advertised as second hand.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!