Spud 1967

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
davidh195
Past Supporter

Spud 1967

#1 Post by davidh195 »

Purchased from him a couple of times had everything I wanted in stock, sales & advice line open when most guns shops are closed. :good:

David
I applaud your enthusiasm, even though your grip on reality may be somewhat tenuous......
Mitch308
Home club or Range: KLSM and The Grove

Re: Spud 1967

#2 Post by Mitch308 »

I buy most of my reloading gear off Mark, I've not been anywhere else that stocks the range of stuff he does and he is very knowledgeable, Would recommend him to anyone, he's a good guy to deal with
Chapuis

#3 Post by Chapuis »

I recently bought a pile of reloading equipment for our club from Mark. An absolute gent to deal with and a good price to boot. I/we would certainly recommend him and would be happy to deal with spud productions again in the future.
spartan7510
Home club or Range: HHRC

#4 Post by spartan7510 »

Great guy, good service and good prices...
Blue Lizard
Home club or Range: North East Lincs Target Club

#5 Post by Blue Lizard »

Hear hear!

Had my first purchasing experience from Spud recently. Ordered online and although the item was out of stock, he rang me to apologise and offer an alternative (or wait for the original item). Went for the alternative and it was with me the next day. Very friendly and conscientious; clearly wanting to keep the customer in the loop as to what was going on with the order.

Recommended seller and I'm just about to place another order with him for some reloading bits… :good:
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#6 Post by ukrifleman »

Great guy to deal with, and he has a good stock of consumables.
ukrifleman.
Ben Denise

Re: Shopping List - Cleaning Kit

#7 Post by Ben Denise »

Received my order from Spud1967 yesterday, really quick delivery (ordered Monday afternoon). Everything was fine, other than one of the jags wouldn't screw on to the rod (bad thread). I emailed Mark at around 8.30pm, not expecting a response until today. He actually replied within minutes and it putting a replacement jag in the post. Now thats what I call service, would definitely recommend. :)

Tried the C2R out on my AR-15, which was actually pretty clean anyway, and was surprised at how much copper and gunge came out. I'm going to clean the rest of my rifles at the weekend to give it a proper test, but first impressions are good.
BRYAN3

#8 Post by BRYAN3 »

All previous posts on this thread are spot on. I could not agree more.
The service is red hot,infact he owes us a new door mat after his goods scorched ours.
Thanks Spud and all the best.

Bryan.
jimbob

#9 Post by jimbob »

Have just used Spud 1967 for the time after seeing all the good posts on here.

Excellent service.

Will be using again.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#10 Post by HALODIN »

I've bought a few bits and bobs and it's always a quality service.