Fultons

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
East Coast Lifeboat
Home club or Range: VAA - LDRPC - A&O

Re: Fultons

#31 Post by East Coast Lifeboat »

I traveled from Suffolk to shoot at Bisley only to realize that I had left my ammunition at home!

I bought some .303 from Fultons which shot very well. BUT... I was in a rush and did not really look at what I was buying.

The ammo was reloaded HXP brass with match king heads. All was well until a case parted on extraction leaving me with a broken case in chamber and a out of service rifle!

Caviat Emptor!
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#32 Post by Pete »

Pay no attention, Vossie, he wears a skirt (allegedly), and probably lives in a cave........... :run:

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#33 Post by ukrifleman »

East Coast Lifeboat wrote:I traveled from Suffolk to shoot at Bisley only to realize that I had left my ammunition at home!

I bought some .303 from Fultons which shot very well. BUT... I was in a rush and did not really look at what I was buying.

The ammo was reloaded HXP brass with match king heads. All was well until a case parted on extraction leaving me with a broken case in chamber and a out of service rifle!

Caviat Emptor!
Unusual to hear of case failure with HXP brass, it's just about the best quality .303 brass around. If you said S&B then I wouldn't have been surprised.

A quick fix to remove a broken case, is to put a cleaning rod down the bore from the muzzle into the mag well and attach a suitable sized bronze cleaning brush, pull the brush back into the case and then tap the case out.
No need for `fancy` case extractors!

ukrifleman
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#34 Post by Dark Skies »

Pete wrote:Pay no attention, Vossie, he wears a skirt (allegedly), and probably lives in a cave........... :run:

Pete
I've heard he lures people into said cave and eats them, too.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#35 Post by Pete »

That might account for his sense of humour.......... :flag6:

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....