Fultons

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Fultons

#21 Post by IainWR »

Ovenpaa, I don't know, but it would not surprise me if it were so.

ptheta, there are a lot of planned developments, not all of which will happen, and most of which will happen only as time / resources / priorities permit. We are honestly doing our best, but where we started from was not a good place from which to get to where we would like to be.
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#22 Post by Gaz »

Be good to see the NRA start up a proper retail offer - competition drives improvements in service/deals available.

I had problems getting Fultons to barrel my No.4 (it used to accept a front trigger guard screw bushing when it went in, and it didn't after it came out. Will say no more). Other than that they're OK for consumables.
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
rox

#23 Post by rox »

Gaz wrote:Be good to see the NRA start up a proper retail offer
Not if the profit margins are anything like some of the other attempts at revenue generation. What makes you think the NRA will be any good at retail? The track record is not exactly good. How much money will need to be ploughed into premises and stock? How much profit will be swallowed by the salaries of the retain manager and his staff? Will it do as well as Bisley Live?

jimbo303

#24 Post by jimbo303 »

I purchased a couple of years ago, somewhat against my better judgement, my SMLE. It is a cracking rifle that shoots very well and is in super condition. Prior to purchasing it, my experience was far from good. I took it to the zero range to see how it faired. Shot well but the foresight blade needed to be changed to zero in with rearsigh elevation. Took it back for a different one and it shot same distance below the intended point as the previous one had faired above - simple - get the blade size in between. Returned - No cant do that Im finishing at 4 was the reply, it was approx 3.50 pm at the time. Prompt - do you want to sell this rifle to me then I said - which was met with a shrug. Very reluctantly he agreed to change it - and the elevation was spot on. I was pretty miffed at the way I was treated, but I obtained a very good example at a competitive price - chipped 10% off and knew form research that it wa a good deal. BUT I have one better than that....................

Around 5 years ago I was going to visit family locally. Called up and reserved some .303. Arrived stressed etc as is often the case when in a car full of children for a couple of hours, and went in to collect.(It was critical that I picked up the ammunition that weekend for the following week). Asked for the ammunition and was told promptly and rudely - No - sold out !!! I was furious and as well as stressed asked - "So where abouts locally could I try and pick some up - just to see what they would say, and having a momentary lapse re NRA Armoury. Nowhere around here was the reply - I questioned this (having recalled the NRA Armoury by then - once my initial displeasure had subsided) and they repeated there was absolutely nowhere nearby that would sell .303 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe that - with the NRA Armoury opposite ?!?! I was totally dumfounded that they could repeat such a blatant lie and be so rude. I will only darken their doors again when absolutely necessary. Pretty much all the accoutrements a shooter may require you can buy online now. The lack of stock (aside from the apalling service) is an indication that a once good institution has been ruined by those relying on the past. I would give them a couple of years at the most......
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#25 Post by TattooedGun »

I have 1 positive experience with fultons - buying my RPA... it may have been overpriced for a second hand rifle, but I was willing to pay it and got EVERYTHING I needed to shoot and look after the rifle thrown in, they were friendly, helpful and it was all round a pleasant experience.

However, I have seen the darker side.. Where they've had someones rifle for 3 months to do a "service" on and when the person came back to pick it up it was in exactly the same conditions as it was left in. Uncleaned (the crap we got out of it when cleaning it having not shot a round - it was expected that they'd put a rod through it at the least as it needed looking at straight off the range). Needless to say those behind the counter could not offer any knowledge about what, if any work had been done to the rifle in the three months they'd had it and there was no note anywhere about it. - Useless.

I think the level of service is directly proportional to the state of the moon in alignment with venus based on an aztec drawing or some such... :/
Vossie
Home club or Range: Bisley

#26 Post by Vossie »

I have had nothing but good experiences with them even when I did a bit of tire kicking. On one occasion I asked for help with particular firearm, they disappeared out back with it, returned with gleaming barrel and a shed load of reloading advice.

Emailed them this evening in regards to a sale, well after closing and got a response expectedly. So I say goodjob
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#27 Post by Dark Skies »

Sim G wrote:I learned a long time ago that there are some places on Bisley camp that I just don't bother going to...
I've been in several times but cannot report a good experience so have not been back.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#28 Post by Mattnall »

I was always under the impression Fultons were a bit pricey and stand-offish.
But to be fair to Fultons, I went in during lunch around Armistice time as my SMLE was shooting about 12" left at 100yds. They guy fixed it there and then and didn't charge just asked if I'd like to make a donation to the poppy appeal.
In my rush to get off the range and sort it I actually wanted the impact moving 12" left so I had mistakenly told them to move the sights the wrong way. Well, they fixed it again (properly this time) and again didn't charge, but another donation was put in the pot.
I must have taken up nearly half an hour of his time and still not problem.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#29 Post by mag41uk »

Holy thread resurrection!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#30 Post by dromia »

Aye some people have a need to get onto the for sale section, hence their reason for joining, so building a post count at any cost is the order of their day.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/