Fultons

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Dougan

Re: Fultons

#11 Post by Dougan »

To be fair, I've had some good work and repairs done to my rifles at Fultons...they did a lovely job of replacing the woodwork on my SMLE, sorted the headspace on my No.4 and fixed the firing pin on my Mauser...and I always feel that the job has been done properly and safely.

I've only ever had a problem with one member of staff; which I made clear at the time, and he now ignores me, which suits me fine - As for everyone else, I think they're a good bunch...if I want some work done though I do prefer to talk to Colin first.

At the end of the day they are a gunsmiths, so I don't expect (or want) smilie-faced american style service.

The best tip for visiting Fultons; is not to go at lunch time...when everyone expects to be served in a one hour period...
Hauptman

#12 Post by Hauptman »

I've had two decent rifles from Fulton's, haggling and getting significant reductions on both occasions.
As for their gunsmithing, they allegedly farm out re-barrelling, and they're a bit optimistic on some of their prices.
They still have a Swing on the shelf that was there two years ago when I bought mine, and it's still at the same price................
Waiting for nearly 15 minutes while someone finished their conversation/sandwich/coffee, despite having seen me, was a bit irksome, though............

H/man
Sim G
Past Supporter

#13 Post by Sim G »

I learned a long time ago that there are some places on Bisley camp that I just don't bother going to...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

Hauptman, the bargains are usually the rifles that have sat on the shelf for 3-4 years without the price being updated. If you can find what you want in such circumstances it might be a bargain....

Christel is also very good at listening to what they have to say and then suggesting 20% less, it has been known to work as well.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#15 Post by FredB »

Frst went into Fultons in 1978: they were rude, un-coperative and did not have what I wanted. I try to avoid the place, but every now and then, I have ventured in. I once bought a couple of pounds of FO triangle black powder from them----I wanted Swiss, but they did not stock it. Bisley needs a proper gun shop----why does the NRA not start one?
Fred
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#16 Post by IainWR »

Watch this space.
Dangermouse

#17 Post by Dangermouse »

Eyes are glued...

Seriously.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#18 Post by IainWR »

NRA are advertising for a retail manager, so its a reasonable assumption that there is going to be some retailing, and what might the National Rifle Association retail? We already sell a very few guns, and quite a lot of ammunition, and some reloading stuff, and cabinets, and gun slips, and plotting sheets, and breech flags and a few other bits.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

Iain, I would have thought the NRA were the largest civilian end point provider of ammunition in the UK if not Europe. Is this the case?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

#20 Post by ptheta »

The range office isn't exactly the most inviting of retail environments though, is it?

I would have thought there was an opportunity to expand and improve there.