Fultons

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
dave_303

Fultons

#1 Post by dave_303 »

After to today's visit, I'm as yet to have a positive experience.
Mr_Logic

Re: Fultons

#2 Post by Mr_Logic »

I don't know anyone who has had. They are expensive, disinterested and often rude. Their stock level is shocking! I think they remain in business due to ignorant folk that know no better, and money gleaned from emergency purchases while at Bisley.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#3 Post by snayperskaya »

I must admit I had no problems when I bought my Dragunov from them early last year, they transferred it to my RFD free of charge as well.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Chapuis

#4 Post by Chapuis »

They don't appear to carry a great deal of stock on even basic items and some of the staff can be a bit rude on times but that's probably due to having so much of their time wasted by some of the customers who don't really know what they want or are are looking for. I have actually found them quite useful on times especially with regard to odd items that some of the flashier gun shops can't be bothered with.
Mr_Logic has probably hit the nail on the head though when he says most of their sales are probably emergency buys.
dave_303

#5 Post by dave_303 »

Chapuis wrote:some of the staff can be a bit rude on times but that's probably due to having so much of their time wasted by some of the customers who don't really know what they want or are are looking for.
I'm afraid to say that that simply doesn't cut it with me, I spent 2 years in the 'food service industry' kukkuk , and the attitude displayed would not have been tolerated. Myself and my father were the only 2 customers in the shop with a clear mind to what we wanted. It was a shame, they had some nice and interesting stuff in stock, items I'd go back for if the service was not what it was.
Mr_Logic

#6 Post by Mr_Logic »

+1
Dangermouse

#7 Post by Dangermouse »

I stood with, if memory serves me correct, £1700 in my pocket to buy a rifle and could not get them to serve me. I left with the money in my pocket.

I know that the armourer is well respected in some circles and their knowledge of certain rifles is suppose to be very good. I can't help feeling that they only serve a small section of the Bisley shooting community.

And that I think is the source of many peoples frustrations. Shooters feel that they should be able to visit the home of British shooting and pick up whatever they need or view a good selection of kit. Sadly Bisley does not have a shop like that.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Christel managed to blag a very good deal on a rifle from Fultons a few years ago. Personally I seldom use them although I do like have a peer around the inside of the shop to see what is on display.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#9 Post by bnz41 »

I have over recent years had 2 good and 1 bad visits to Fultons. The good to buy rifles that they had in stock that I was looking for at the price I was willing to pay, since sold on for a profit. The bad was for a rifle to be repaired came out with a fault it did not have going in, but was sorted eventually at three attempts, and I still have it.
On the rude staff side I only deal with Robert or Colin and ask for them by name, if not in I walk out,
Chapuis

#10 Post by Chapuis »

dave_303 wrote:
Chapuis wrote:some of the staff can be a bit rude on times but that's probably due to having so much of their time wasted by some of the customers who don't really know what they want or are are looking for.
I'm afraid to say that that simply doesn't cut it with me, I spent 2 years in the 'food service industry' kukkuk , and the attitude displayed would not have been tolerated. Myself and my father were the only 2 customers in the shop with a clear mind to what we wanted. It was a shame, they had some nice and interesting stuff in stock, items I'd go back for if the service was not what it was.
Dave I appreciate what you are saying about service industries and the need to portray a calm relaxed and polite manner to all customers, but you have to admit they get more than their fare share of tyre kickers.
I was waiting perhaps ten to fifteen minutes in the shop one day to buy something when the guy in front of me was merely seeking advise on a legal matter which really he should have been speaking to his FEO about. The assistant was most patient with him but what really p***ed me off was that after waiting so long they didn't have what I wanted in the end. It was something that a friend had asked me to pick up for him. If it was for myself I would have walked out long before.