Sporting Services - Crawley

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Sporting Services - Crawley

#1 Post by Pippin89 »

As the NRA range office wont put ammo on FAC's I thought I would find somewhere else to buy ammo ahead of Sundays fullbore practice.
Sent an email to Shooting Services and arranged to collect the ammo I needed and can't complain. Brilliant service over the gate with everything I needed. I will more than likely buy ammo there in future rather than from the range office to be honest. Need to support our local RFD's.
Geek
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

Re: Sporting Services - Crawley

#2 Post by Geek »

Always nice to hear a positive comment, I have always found Sporting Services very helpful.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Rarms

#3 Post by Rarms »

I dealt with them about a sales query and also found them very helpful :)
daman
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#4 Post by daman »

Pippin89 wrote:As the NRA range office wont put ammo on FAC's
Eh? I bought 100 .223 canned bangs at the NRA last weekend and they entered them as (I believe) required by law on my FAC.
Pippin89

#5 Post by Pippin89 »

daman wrote:
Eh? I bought 100 .223 canned bangs at the NRA last weekend and they entered them as (I believe) required by law on my FAC.
You must be lucky. All of their notifications say that you can only buy what you will fire on the day and dispose of anything you don't fire. In that case it doesn't have to be entered on your FAC. I believe they are trying to limit their handling of them.
FredB
Home club or Range: stourport

#6 Post by FredB »

What notifications? I have never had this problem.
Fred
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#7 Post by Dellboy »

had them put on a normal fac lots of times but they panic about rfd . well thats my Bisley experience
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

daman
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#8 Post by daman »

Pippin89 wrote:
daman wrote:
You must be lucky. All of their notifications say that you can only buy what you will fire on the day and dispose of anything you don't fire. In that case it doesn't have to be entered on your FAC. I believe they are trying to limit their handling of them.
From their email on 29th May: "If you wish to purchase a larger amount of ammunition or for a FAC entry please call the armoury to discuss the timing and procedure beforehand."

So, I phoned and said I want 100 bangs, they asked me to arrive early for my booking, put on some gloves, hand over FAC, step back, then step forward and collect bangs and updated ticket. Simples :-)

But anyway, glad to hear Crawley sorted you out and you were able to get some range time.

-daman
Pippin89

#9 Post by Pippin89 »

daman wrote:
From their email on 29th May: "If you wish to purchase a larger amount of ammunition or for a FAC entry please call the armoury to discuss the timing and procedure beforehand."

So, I phoned and said I want 100 bangs, they asked me to arrive early for my booking, put on some gloves, hand over FAC, step back, then step forward and collect bangs and updated ticket. Simples :-)

But anyway, glad to hear Crawley sorted you out and you were able to get some range time.

-daman
I only got what was supplied through the club bookings which said they wouldn't be handling FAC's. There was something about contacting the armoury for larger quantities but I decided it was better to get it sorted before hand.