Dauntsey Guns - well done

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

Re: Dauntsey Guns - well done

#21 Post by the running man »

I have heard some horror stories from folk about them but i have also heard good things too, never delt with them myself and so cannot pass judgement.

I will Say it cant be easy stocking everything or dealing with shooting folk who in general are a bit fussy.

It annoys me the people who waste hours of dealers time on a deal then go away to think about it only to then buy it £10 cheaper at sportsman but spend a day off work and £40 on fuel to go get it.... They go back into the same dealer to buy ammo who find said gun wrote on their fac from sportsman..... Charming....
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#22 Post by Plumose »

I have been three times and enjoyed all of them.
First time was before I got my FAC and I did the reloading course, second time was to get my Marlin, and third time was some reloading bits.

As long as they have what I want I will be visiting them, even if they are a bit further than some others.

Also have just ordered some bits from their website, so will see how that experience goes.
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Plecotus
Home club or Range: Monmmouth & District Rifle Club, NRA, Chepstow Rifle Club

#23 Post by Plecotus »

How did you find the reloading course? I've been thinking about doing that with them.
Plumose
Past Supporter

#24 Post by Plumose »

I found it very useful and am now happily churning out .44mag

Dave/David who runs the course was excellent and everything was paced for me as I was the only student.
I believe that he had previously written the BASC reloading course, but this one is now he is own.

It is normally more based around the bottle neck cartridges (which I am expecting to reload at some point in the future) than straight walled so he had to run up some extra materials which he emailed on to me,

I would recommend it as a way of getting a good base knowledge rather than the YouTube/random advice route.
It also helped with deciding what equipment to buy after trying out a couple of different presses.
Plecotus
Home club or Range: Monmmouth & District Rifle Club, NRA, Chepstow Rifle Club

#25 Post by Plecotus »

Thanks, P. I think I will give it a go. They aren't too far from me.
Plumose
Past Supporter

#26 Post by Plumose »

You are luck they are close, they are over an hour from me (closer to an hour and half) but are worth the journey.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#27 Post by dromia »

bb2 adhere to the forum rules when you have had a bad experience with agunshop.

You agreed to read understand and adhere to these rules by joining here.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
bb2

#28 Post by bb2 »

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."
DaveT

#29 Post by DaveT »

bb2 wrote:"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."
They are very reasonable, knowledgable and helpful people.... why not address your concerns with them constructively?
bb2

#30 Post by bb2 »

DaveT wrote:
bb2 wrote:"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."
They are very reasonable, knowledgable and helpful people.... why not address your concerns with them constructively?

I'm not allowed to do that, because of the rules of this forum!

I did however have a very enjoyable 300 mile journey in a wonderful Jaguar.