CZ 452 Cleaning rod

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

CraigH
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

CZ 452 Cleaning rod

#1 Post by CraigH »

Hi All,

I want to get a cleaning rod for my CZ 452 .22lr - this may be a bit like googling symptoms and deciding (based on what Google says) that you have caught the plague...

I googled cleaning rods for a CZ 452 and found lots of different pages saying that the .22lr has a tight barrel (in comparison to other rimfires) and that there is a small ejector lug that catches on a .22 cleaning rod and scrapes off the protective layer.

Has anybody got a CZ 452 and found this to be a problem? What rods are you using?
MY LGS stocks Parker hale rods (with the red handle), owner says he has never heard of the problem and the Parker rod will be fine.

Any thoughts/advice?

Cheers.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

Re: CZ 452 Cleaning rod

#2 Post by Les »

The ejector on a 452 can damage the plastic coating found on some rods if you don't use a bore guide. A bore guide should always be used to prevent damage to the breech area .... and your cleaning rods! ;)
greenshoots

#3 Post by greenshoots »

use a pull thru on my 581 and 452

greenshoots
Green by Design
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

I only use Pro-Shot cleaning rods and they do rods that are stainless steel and without plastic coating which are ideal.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
CraigH
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

#5 Post by CraigH »

Thanks - Bore guide ordered