The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. To REGISTER contact admin(at)full-bore.co.uk
It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:40 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:09 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter Since 2015
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 23554
Location: The Lincolnshire Wolds, UK
Home club or Range: Hemswell Shooting Club. North Coates Butts UK. Grove Small Arms, Barton Road UK. Ulfborg Skyttecenter DK. BASC Trade Member
Rockhopper wrote:
https://medcert.co.uk/
So fifty quid and five weeks and it is done. Disappointingly it has absolutely no contact details and is hosted in Bulgaria. That plus my GP charges GBP48.00 and I prefer to know who holds a copy of my records means I would not go with it. If on the other hand, I had to pay GBP150.00 to my GP or he was a conscientious objector I may take a different view.

_________________
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Binbrook UK Live Weather


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:47 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter 2020

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Posts: 46
Home club or Range: Mendip Shooting Club
My Dr charged £13 for the letter to say I was good. Surprisingly as we hadn't even been accepted officially into the practice by then.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Posts: 397
Location: West Sussex, UK
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
Thankfully my GP is an FAC holder himself so he is very good and does it for free. His only request is that I don't go round telling everyone he does them as otherwise he would have everyone in the area coming to him. He had some very interesting views on conscientious objectors....


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:35 pm
Posts: 47
Location: Wolverhampton
Home club or Range: Wednesbury Marksmen
Just a quick question

How many photos do i need to send with my application the police website says one and makes no mention of it being signed but everything i'm reading says i need to supply four with one being signed?

i'm a tad confused.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:04 am 
Offline
Site Supporter Since 2016
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:32 pm
Posts: 2156
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC
andy1979 wrote:
How many photos do i need to send with my application


The need for multiple photos has gone now although some sites haven't caught up with reality.
One photo that will be scanned in is all that is required.

This is all on Form201; Page14 para16 explains the photo and Page7 where you sign states you need only one.

_________________
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:46 pm
Posts: 5584
Location: Middlesex
Mattnall wrote:
andy1979 wrote:
How many photos do i need to send with my application


The need for multiple photos has gone now although some sites haven't caught up with reality.
One photo that will be scanned in is all that is required.

This is all on Form201; Page14 para16 explains the photo and Page7 where you sign states you need only one.


And it would be even better if they allowed for a digital image to be supplied - that would save them having to scan.

_________________


"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:04 am 
Offline
Site Supporter Since 2016
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:32 pm
Posts: 2156
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC
Polchraine wrote:
Mattnall wrote:

And it would be even better if they allowed for a digital image to be supplied - that would save them having to scan.


Small steps.
It wasn't that long ago we still had to send firearm transfer data via recorded deliver mail and email was seen as the devil's tool, now we can send it all by email.

Indeed only a few years ago I had to keep my register in a bound book where pages could not be removed or added without leaving evidence and if I kept the info on the computer it still had to be duplicated in the paper register - now that has completely changed and I must keep it on a computer and if I want to I can also keep a paper copy.
Before long they police licensing departments will want real-time access to the registers and may even host them on their servers - cue the breach of security.

_________________
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:30 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter 2020

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Posts: 46
Home club or Range: Mendip Shooting Club
Polchraine wrote:
Mattnall wrote:
andy1979 wrote:
How many photos do i need to send with my application


The need for multiple photos has gone now although some sites haven't caught up with reality.
One photo that will be scanned in is all that is required.

This is all on Form201; Page14 para16 explains the photo and Page7 where you sign states you need only one.


And it would be even better if they allowed for a digital image to be supplied - that would save them having to scan.



When I applied to A&S for my SGC I applied online, sent in a digital picture with my application. I was surprised but then I assume when they come for the home visit they compare the supplied pic with you?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:35 pm
Posts: 47
Location: Wolverhampton
Home club or Range: Wednesbury Marksmen
Application Sent by special delivery which West Midlands Police have received this morning.

My GP charged £25 for the medical report and only took a week or so to write it .
I preempted the report and sent with my application as they were only going to ask for one as I have a declarable in my history.


Not so confident it'll get granted now I've actually sent it as there's a couple of things I've had to declare and they've are playing on my mind now.
Although my GP does state nothing is of an active concern.

Oh well it is what is we'll just have to wait and see.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Posts: 397
Location: West Sussex, UK
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
andy1979 wrote:
Application Sent by special delivery which West Midlands Police have received this morning.

My GP charged £25 for the medical report and only took a week or so to write it .
I preempted the report and sent with my application as they were only going to ask for one as I have a declarable in my history.


Not so confident it'll get granted now I've actually sent it as there's a couple of things I've had to declare and they've are playing on my mind now.
Although my GP does state nothing is of an active concern.

Oh well it is what is we'll just have to wait and see.


As long as your GP doesn't have an issue and you have been honest about everything then I wouldn't worry too much. Just let it play out and see what happens. Honesty is the biggest part of it.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group