Lessons

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Lessons

#11 Post by GeeRam »

MarkW wrote:As I'm new to this clay shooting game, I've shot in the military for 24 yrs so know 1 end of a gun from the other but technique is completely different as I'm finding out.
The Mrs has never shot before, apart from 2 taster sessions at the local club.
So I thought I'd invest in at least a lesson each for us to get the basics right and we can then decide to either have more lessons or just practice the foundation points from that initial lesson.
I'm based about 15 miles South of Bath. So where would you go for a lesson? I don't mind travelling up to a couple of hours for the right service
I've shot clays at Barbury Shooting School a few times, and I know a couple of people that have had lessons there, and its not too far from you being just south of Wroughton, where the old RAF Princess Alexandra Military Hosp used to be.

Link to Barbury Shooting School website

https://www.barburyshootingschool.com/

:good:
jack Mack

Re: Lessons

#12 Post by jack Mack »

MarkW wrote:As I'm new to this clay shooting game, I've shot in the military for 24 yrs so know 1 end of a gun from the other but technique is completely different as I'm finding out.
The Mrs has never shot before, apart from 2 taster sessions at the local club.
So I thought I'd invest in at least a lesson each for us to get the basics right and we can then decide to either have more lessons or just practice the foundation points from that initial lesson.
I'm based about 15 miles South of Bath. So where would you go for a lesson? I don't mind travelling up to a couple of hours for the right service
Make contact with BASC and they will put you in touch with a BASC coach in your area. Well worth getting leasons.