Where do you keep your keys?....

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Where do you keep your keys?....

#21 Post by Ovenpaa »

dromia wrote:Their reason?
Policy, Christel argued with them on several occasions and escalated it to the decision makers and they just said "No, it is policy"
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#22 Post by kennyc »

Ovenpaa wrote:
dromia wrote:Their reason?
Policy, Christel argued with them on several occasions and escalated it to the decision makers and they just said "No, it is policy"
I don't buy at the doorstep, thats a policy, are they prepared to put their policy in writing and justify it ? otherwise they are interfering in the operation of your business, and I'm pretty certain that isn't in their remit ?
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#23 Post by Pippin89 »

I'm not fully aware of how the system works but as an RFD you are allowed to employ a "Servant" aren't you? Could you employ each other as your servants and, therefore, allow access to each others cabinets?
Ovenpaa

#24 Post by Ovenpaa »

Pippin89 wrote:I'm not fully aware of how the system works but as an RFD you are allowed to employ a "Servant" aren't you? Could you employ each other as your servants and, therefore, allow access to each others cabinets?
We are both RFDs as such which applies to firearms held as RFDs, not for personal holdings. There is an easy way over it, we just add a variation allowing us to hold all of each others firearms, that also means we have to both submit a variation if one of us wants to add something new.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#25 Post by Pippin89 »

Ovenpaa wrote:
Pippin89 wrote:I'm not fully aware of how the system works but as an RFD you are allowed to employ a "Servant" aren't you? Could you employ each other as your servants and, therefore, allow access to each others cabinets?
We are both RFDs as such which applies to firearms held as RFDs, not for personal holdings. There is an easy way over it, we just add a variation allowing us to hold all of each others firearms, that also means we have to both submit a variation if one of us wants to add something new.
Ah I see. Sorry I thought you were talking about RFD holdings.
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#26 Post by waterford103 »

Daryll wrote:My main set is always in my pocket... the spare set is secreted somewhere on the premises that even the missus doesn't know.
It's the only way , locks only keep honest people out !
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#27 Post by Pete »

Am I correct in assuming that an RFD can't treat a firearm that they have bought to trade, the same as a firearm that's entered on their FAC?.
It can't be taken out and used, only added to their RFD register, and stored securely until it's sold on.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#28 Post by Andy632 »

Afaik there's nothing to stop them taking them out to "test" them.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Ovenpaa

#29 Post by Ovenpaa »

Absolutely correct, we can test firearms held under RFD and as an example, we keep a couple specifically for testing sound moderator designs. In theory we can test every single one of the firearms held to our hearts content and we always try to test fire customer rifles/shotguns before they are returned. The one thing we cannot do is shoot overland with them.
/d

Shed Journal
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#30 Post by HALODIN »

Combination lock for me. Keys aren't an issue.