Where do you keep your keys?....

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Where do you keep your keys?....

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

Lincolnshire Firearms have recently decided we cannot have shared access to firearms any more despite us both being RFDs with our own personal cabinets in a secure armoury that we both hold keys to. So we both have digital ammunition/bolt safes that we also keep our own sets of keys, the Viking also holds the RFD locker keys because I put things back int he wrong places and she is in charge of the armoury. So anyone breaking in, assuming they have got past the grade 3 alarm, system, then broken down the armoury door still have a choice of 3 digital safes (One is used for something else) To open before they can even get to any keys to the lockers. Regarding spare keys, well there are none as such.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#12 Post by Pete »

We get round it by having all the rifles/ammo/spare barrels etc. on both FAC's............is that not possible for you?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

Pete wrote:We get round it by having all the rifles/ammo/spare barrels etc. on both FAC's............is that not possible for you?

Pete
lol

This is Lincolnshire 8-)
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#14 Post by Geek »

Daryll wrote:My main set is always in my pocket... the spare set is secreted somewhere on the premises that even the missus doesn't know.
Same here.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Tony-c

#15 Post by Tony-c »

years ago when I had a home visit he asked me where the spare keys were kept, I told him none of his business, he just smiled and carried on writing things

I also gave him free run of the house to find the cabinet, he gave up, so I had to show him.

main thing is that you are seen to take as much care and precaution as you can

I keep all the keys to premises and safes etc on different bunches, that way should a set go missing or be stolen, they alone wont do everything
just as I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel.......... I realised it was just my boss with more work and a torch.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#16 Post by Pippin89 »

Pete wrote:I got round this problem by persuading 'er indoors to have a go.............her FAC arrived a few weeks later, and everything is entered as "shared". wallhead

Eleven years on, and she's a better shot than I am.......... lol

Pete
I have tried this approach but she isn't interested unfortunately.

Lots of good advice people. Thank you! I have a plan.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#17 Post by Gh0st »

hidden
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Ovenpaa

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

Pete wrote:We get round it by having all the rifles/ammo/spare barrels etc. on both FAC's............is that not possible for you?

Pete
Pete, we both had conditions that allowed us to be in possession of each others firearms and ammunition, however Lincolnshire withdrew them last time we renewed.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#19 Post by dromia »

Ovenpaa wrote: we both had conditions that allowed us to be in possession of each others firearms and ammunition, however Lincolnshire withdrew them last time we renewed.
Their reason?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Blackstuff

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

Trying to get the title of THE worst FLD in Britain?
DVC