sgc waiting time

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Dave198137
Home club or Range: AGL

sgc waiting time

#1 Post by Dave198137 »

Hi all great to be here!! will be great to pick your brains on a few things in the future, I've worked on driven shoots for 15 years now (Beating) but only just got round to applying for my first sgc.... just wondered if any of you on here have any experience with applying for a (first time) license with the MET police? and if so what kind of waiting time should I be looking at? as I see it really varies from county to county, thank you in advance for any reply's!!
kevinww

Re: sgc waiting time

#2 Post by kevinww »

Only experience for FAC but Met are one of the better forces, FAC grants within 8 weeks and variations usually turned around under a week.
Polchraine

Re: sgc waiting time

#3 Post by Polchraine »

I have been dealing with the Met for a long time and every application is dealt with promptly. FAC and SGC

They will do all the background checks, then visit you to discuss everything. They will then review it all before making their decision so unless there is anything you are concerned about, don't worry, it will be fairly quick.

I have had request for a visit on a Sunday, and with the last application they called here on the Tuesday, I believe and the new cert was here on the Thursday.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.