Where in the application process is the FEO visit.

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Where in the application process is the FEO visit.

#31 Post by snayperskaya »

Dromia's advice is very sound, especially as by the information shown only on your forum profile it wouldn't take your Licensing Dept more than a couple of minutes to work out exactly who you are.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
andy1979
Home club or Range: Wednesbury Marksmen

#32 Post by andy1979 »

I'm already resigned to the fact that I won't be granted but i'll play the game until that rejection letter pops through the letterbox.

i'll move my keys etc. already have a couple of ideas for new locations
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#33 Post by dromia »

It isn't over 'till it is finished, just because you may not have had the best application experience so far doesn't mean the outcome 'tis a forgone conclusion.

Don't be beaten halfway through the process, if you have a refusal which is felt to be unjustified then you have taken steps to enable you to challenge that legally, so don't handicap your representation by your attitude. If it comes to court then social media can be used both ways. Your contributions, approach to firearms and demeanour on a place like this if done responsibly and in an mature way can strengthen your application and appeal if it comes to that.

A less aggressive and subjective attitude becoming a more objective and measured approach to your experiences would certainly help strengthen your claim to be a fit person to legally own firearms.

Take on board the insight and good advice that your are getting from our many members whose experience with the whole UK gun ownership situation is an unparalleled resource for new applicants and existing FAC holders who are struggling with the system. The ability to demonstrate change in the light of greater knowledge and experience would show maturity and a willingness to learn the responsibilities of gun ownership

Good luck with the rest of the process, remember the Wagnerian cliche "it isn't over 'till the fat lady sings".

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/