Left and right hand M8 threaded bar

Anything non shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Left and right hand M8 threaded bar

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am looking for a left and right hand threaded bar/rod, M8 by around 100mm long (4 inches) I could make one however I do not have reverse on my lathe so screwcutting the left hand thread section is not an option and if they readily available it is easier to buy a couple. Can anyone point me in the direction of such a thing please?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

Re: Left and right hand M8 threaded bar

#2 Post by pe4king »

David
Could you not get one from a fence wire tensioner or the like, im just trying to think where I have seen something, I have got about half a dozen metre lengths of M8 studding in the shed but its all RH
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Polchraine

Re: Left and right hand M8 threaded bar

#3 Post by Polchraine »

Maybe a little late, but I tend to use: http://www.gilbertlaurence.co.uk/ for threaded products.

As pe4king says - a fence wire tensioner or those used for decorative stainless steel wire ropes. They have a left and right - one on each end. http://www.jakob.co.uk/products/jakob-s ... ropes.html. Download the Stainless Steel Ropes and Fittings catalogue, go to page 105 (PDF sheet 53) and there are double ended screws or LH and RH headless screws.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.