Bench top milling machine wanted

Anything non shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

Re: Bench top milling machine wanted

#11 Post by Andy632 »

ovenpaa wrote:Today's trip to Trafalgar was cancelled for a number of reasons so I headed out to the shed and put some additional bracing into the bench in area the mill is going to sit on and have just given the uprights a coat of satin black paint in keeping with the rest, I am fairly confident it is good for 500kgs now so more than enough to cope with the Mill. :good:

Work light is in place as well.

Just need a Mill now to nail in place.

Yes,
And Stock to play with, and vises, lots of Milling cutters, cutting fluid, clamping kit, Vee-blocks, dial gauges & bases, calipers, verniers, depth gauges, rules, squares, rotary table, dividing head, etc. etc. etc......ad infinitum........ :lol: :flag6:
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

Andy632 wrote:Yes,
And Stock to play with, and vises, lots of Milling cutters, cutting fluid, clamping kit, Vee-blocks, dial gauges & bases, calipers, verniers, depth gauges, rules, squares, rotary table, dividing head, etc. etc. etc......ad infinitum........ :lol: :flag6:
I have some stock, depth gauge, DTI's, verniers, mic's, machine vice, parallels, T bolt clamps, cutters etc. What I do not have is the rotary table or dividing head.

A rotary table that takes a Myford chuck would be handy as I have a couple of spares, and I still do not have any V Blocks.

First couple of projects are for the machine, I need to build a trammel bar with a couple of DTI's for set-up (I think that is what they are called) I also need to make a fly cutter and the machine I looked at did not have a positive stop for returning the head to zero. The new ones may well have one fitted but if not I can soon make and fit one.

No doubt there are many more things I will need along the way, the important thing is not to decided I need a bigger Milling machine as I certainly don't have room for it.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#13 Post by Dellboy »

have a look at this site i know its not English manufacture but ive bought chucks 3 and 4 jaw rotary table and quite a few bits ,i keep going back .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Robin128

#14 Post by Robin128 »

:-P :?:
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

Dellboy, you need to add the link! :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#16 Post by Dellboy »

i know
http://www.rdgtools.co.uk/

bloody computers :oops: :oops:
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Ovenpaa

#17 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ah yes, I know RDG Tools, they are the ones that are going to be the new Myford people? All I have purchased from them so far was a thread gauge at a show but they seem to have a very good stock list.
/d

Shed Journal
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#18 Post by Andy632 »

ovenpaa wrote:Ah yes, I know RDG Tools, they are the ones that are going to be the new Myford people? All I have purchased from them so far was a thread gauge at a show but they seem to have a very good stock list.

I've had a few orders from RDG most delivered within 5 days and arrived on the date they said they would. Not too bad for delivery to the Highlands.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Ovenpaa

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

Well it has arrived, apparently I have a rather large packing case that will not fit through the door sitting outside the house right now.
/d

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#20 Post by Ovenpaa »

Hmm...
photo.JPG
/d

Shed Journal