Post-apocalypse transport.

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Post-apocalypse transport.

#61 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have a thing for overbalancing on left kickers and invariably have to get off to start them if they do not go in the first couple of kicks.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#62 Post by snayperskaya »

Ovenpaa wrote:Or a modern take on it:

I'm going to say it's a Honda XR400 with electric start.

I had a liquid-cooled Maico 250 stroker years ago that was a left-footer, used to have to lean against something to kick it over.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#63 Post by DaveB »

I like my Polaris Ranger Diesel. Top speed about 35 mph, carries 500 kg in the tray, all-wheel drive, and runs on the smell of an oily rag.
5thGen
Home club or Range: HPRPC

#64 Post by 5thGen »

All great stuff - I wonder what percentage of posters could move let's say, 10 miles?

Physical preparation is essential, just like having procedures in place - lest being left with all the gear and no idea!
Nick Hulme
Home club or Range: RCRPSC

#65 Post by Nick Hulme »

Much as I hate the idea of wearing out my legs to give my arse a ride I'd be stuck with a bicycle once I ran out of petrol as I've never learned to ride anything that can bite!
You'd get a lot of miles from a diesel Enfield Bullet ;-)
Nick
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#66 Post by Ovenpaa »

We walk a reasonable amount these days, probably 12-14 hours a week or more and it is hilly in places, walking 10 miles certainly would not bother me and with some kit, not sure I would be up for any more 30 mile jaunts, those days are well behind me.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal