Catterick shoot Feb 2006

Somewhere to share your tales, anecdotes and memories from past days.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please remember to respect the copyright of the author. Please do not post content from this section elsewhere without the specific permission of the author.
PeterN

Catterick shoot Feb 2006

#1 Post by PeterN »

I attended a shoot at Catterick in Feb 2006 as a guest of Dromia. He was entertaining a visiting Aussi called Graham. Alpha1 was present though he answered to DHTaxi in those days. Joeseyclosey was there also though he has a different name here. There was an Enfield collector there who brought a few exotic and rare Enfields for us to look at. It was a good day.
Dromia and Graham.
Catterick Adam and Gr.JPG
Dromia and Graham again. I seem to recall that Dromia had a strong opinion regarding MAS 36 rifles.
Catterick Adam Gra mas36.JPG
An interesting optical sight for the SMLE.
Catterick Woftam smle.JPG
Difficult to believe that it was fourteen years ago.
Regards
Peter.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Catterick shoot Feb 2006

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Great pictures and I do like the Galilean Sight on the last picture (SMLE) The pictures did rather remind me of the end of the film Titanic though :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

The guy who brought the Enfields was Chris Barber. Sadly no longer with us. RIP. I own the MAS36 Adam is so fond of insulting. Looking back I must have owned it for at least 20 years. Doesn't time fly.
That's my mas36 Graham is shooting in the second picture
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

DH.Taxi,s was the name of a Taxi company I owned. I messed with it for a couple of years until I got tired of the ungodly hours of work. I eventually sold the business and went back to the mundane
9 to 5 job.
PeterN

#5 Post by PeterN »

Sorry to hear of the demise of Mr Barber. I hope his collection went to good homes.
Regards
Peter.
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

PeterN wrote:Sorry to hear of the demise of Mr Barber. I hope his collection went to good homes.
Regards
Peter.
I believe the collection was broken up and sold off. I know his bayonet collection went to barbican armoury to be sold. A couple of guys I know who are RFD sold some of it. All the proceeds went to his wife obviously. His funeral took place at Durham Cathedral. He was given a full millitary funeral. A sad day he was a legend.
Your post got me thinking of some of the guys I have met over the years real characters sadly a lot of them have passed on. The shooting community is not the same anymore in my opinion. Or am I just getting old.