Your stock is rising TVP

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Your stock is rising TVP

#1 Post by Dark Skies »

I popped a one for one variation in the post on the first of December and received notification via email that it had been granted and turned around on the 8th. Thames Valley seem to have improved considerably since my last variation.

Hopefully grants and renewals will also be taking a step in the right direction. I have a number of friends that were awaiting renewals eight months plus just before Covid kicked off in 2020.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Your stock is rising TVP

#2 Post by GeeRam »

My renewal this time last year with TVP was turned around in 3 weeks.
My FEO had advised that due to Covid I should get everything together and submit at least 4 months prior to expiry, which I did, and then they turned it around in 3 weeks, which also included a variation with the renewal.
Keithkilvo1
Home club or Range: ARPC

#3 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

That’s pretty impressive, definitely beats mine sent in 26th Nov. for a one for one (different calibre)
Will have to see if I receive anything this week fingers crossed
Dark Skies

#4 Post by Dark Skies »

Keithkilvo1 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:18 pm That’s pretty impressive, definitely beats mine sent in 26th Nov. for a one for one (different calibre)
Will have to see if I receive anything this week fingers crossed
It was impressive when I was told. Seven days later and it hasn't turned up ... not so much.
Kidlington HQ is only twelve miles down the road from me. When I know it's on the way back to me I get a bit twitchy after more than five days. I worry it's become lost, and by lost I mean half-inched en route.
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#5 Post by ukrifleman »

Kidlington HQ is only twelve miles down the road from me. When I know it's on the way back to me I get a bit twitchy after more than five days. I worry it's become lost, and by lost I mean half-inched en route.

Which is why I always deliver and collect my FAC by hand.
The thought of someone intercepting my FAC with my address and list of firearms is too awful to contemplate.
ukrifleman
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#6 Post by GeeRam »

ukrifleman wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:39 pm Which is why I always deliver and collect my FAC by hand.
The thought of someone intercepting my FAC with my address and list of firearms is too awful to contemplate.
ukrifleman
Except not all FET will allow people to do that.

I used to be with the Met and they expressly refused any delivery/collection of apps/certs etc by hand due to the nature of the building they were located at.
Dark Skies

#7 Post by Dark Skies »

ukrifleman wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:39 pm Kidlington HQ is only twelve miles down the road from me. When I know it's on the way back to me I get a bit twitchy after more than five days. I worry it's become lost, and by lost I mean half-inched en route.

Which is why I always deliver and collect my FAC by hand.
ukrifleman
It's the main HQ for TVP. You used to be able to walk right in and hand mail to the desk sergeant in the front (years ago when I worked out the back).
Then they went through a stage where they buzzed you in.
The last time I was there they wouldn't let me in and pointed to a small postbox in the drive.
I sent my variation and FAC via next day / important document tracked because ... you know ... it IS a super important with dire consequences if it goes missing kinda document, for the reasons you have given.

Back in the day (80s) a copper would drop it off to me on his way home. I don't know if that was a common thing or because my family are steeped in coppering in my area and wider, but that's how I mostly got it.
However, when they send them out to me now they just stuff it into the regular mail. This always seems a tad asking for trouble to me. You'd think they might send it tracked or some such.
jimbo303

#8 Post by jimbo303 »

The Firearms Team moved to Witney the other year. I have previously collected in person from the Front Desk - but this was before Covid, and was mainly because they had misplaced it and the delay was getting embarrasing with the other party, and to their credit they jumped on it immdeiately and it was ready that very afternoon.
I would suspect that they are suffering the effects of the new variant like many workplaces appear to be and running on limited people in the Office. As for Registered Post etc. this has been a concern for many for some time.......
Dark Skies

#9 Post by Dark Skies »

jimbo303 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:57 pm The Firearms Team moved to Witney the other year. I have previously collected in person from the Front Desk - but this was before Covid, and was mainly because they had misplaced it and the delay was getting embarrasing with the other party, and to their credit they jumped on it immdeiately and it was ready that very afternoon.
I would suspect that they are suffering the effects of the new variant like many workplaces appear to be and running on limited people in the Office. As for Registered Post etc. this has been a concern for many for some time.......
I chased it up today after worrying that it hadn't arrived after nine days. Apparently they've had delays in printing and posting.
It ought to be printed tomorrow and posted first class.

Unfortunately it's rather arsed up my plans for purchases as the windows before the Christmas holidays close and, in my view, the inevitable January lockdown begins. I felt putting in for my one to one variations a month in advance would have avoided that.
Graham M

#10 Post by Graham M »

I handed a Variation into Lloyd House West Mid's some 20 years ago and the civilian asshole on the desk just took it from me and chucked it into a box.......never to be seen again. When I finally called up and spoke to one of the lovely ladies that used to deal with renewals etc, she told me to come down to pick up my new ticket. When I got there she told me, loud enough for the asshole to hear, never to give anyone on the front desk anything to do with firearms as they always seem to lose it.
Around four years ago I sent in a 1-4-1 to Staff's/West Mid's, to be signed for, together with a letter explaining what I was getting rid of, because that was what they had asked for. Weeks went by and in the end I was starting to get a bit miffed. And then one morning a letter from Royal Mail popped through the letter box with my letter of explanation in it and a form explaining that my letter to the police had been "Torn open" on the sorting machine and the contents had "Dropped out".
After a frantic phone call to Staff's it appeared that the original envelope had reached them, minus my FAC and letter, and some numpty had signed for it.
I got in touch with Royal Mail demanding to know where the hell my FAC was, but after filling in many forms and arguing with gawd knows how many eejits, I finally received a letter from someone at the top telling me that I wasn't entitled to and compensation for the loss, eh???? never asked for any, because I hadn't taken a photograph of the letter before I posted it. WTF!!!!! Who the hell takes a photo of a letter before they send it?????
Who the hell signs for an empty envelope???
After another call to Staff's explaining the situation again I received a new FAC and variation within a week, but nothing was ever sorted with Royal Mail.
To this day I still wonder where the hell my FAC went.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.