Membership cards

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

Membership cards

#1 Post by johngarnett »

Morning all,

Please don't all stand a up and shout...I have tried a 'search'!!

I recall some while a go a thread discussing membership cards and a swipe system to record attendance and firearm usage. Please could anyone redirect me or give me some pointers re software / suppliers?

Now we have Internet in Cornwall....Look out shakeshout

Thank you

JohnG Cornwalldy
Graham M

Re: Membership cards

#2 Post by Graham M »

We have had that installed at Worcester Norton, but I don't have a clue who sorted it out. We used to have to record all attendance on paper and leave the paper in the attendance office. Now we just swipe and it automatically records our visit, although we still have to complete what guns we have used and what ammo has been used.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#3 Post by Pippin89 »

I have just been discussing this with a colleague who is an expert in MS Access. It would be very simple to write a database that stores each member against each firearm owned and log attendance and firearm usage with a click of a few buttons on a tablet. It would probably be wise to store it with just a membership number rather than name for security reasons but that shouldn't be a problem. In fact you could get a plug in RFID reader for the tablet and log your attendance by swiping a card, then clicking a checkbox to say which gun you're using. If you wanted to be really fancy you could even get a fingerprint reader and do it that way....

The database can be set up to run a report and show any member who has visited less than 3 times in that year, or run a report on any individual member very easily.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#4 Post by channel12 »

Email John who does our IT at webadmin@wnsc.co.uk and he should be able to point you in the right direction.
As said our membership cards are now smart contactless cards which give access and record our visits on to the site.
glevum
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club

#5 Post by glevum »

It would be prudent to speak to your local FLO and see if they will accept electronic range records.

Some still insist on paper range attendance records.
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#6 Post by johngarnett »

Thank you all. Food for thought. I will pass info on to them what know one end of a key from t'other!
JohnG