FAC - Change of Conditions

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

FAC - Change of Conditions

#1 Post by Cornish-Viking »

Hi All,

I hope someone can help clarify how I can get one of rifles conditions from target to zeroing and live quarry? The caliber is 6.5cm.

Ive contacted Devon and Cornwall Police and as much as it pains me, they weren't very helpful with this.
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: FAC - Change of Conditions

#2 Post by dromia »

Write in to them, with your FAC attached, saying you want the conditions changed as regards that particular rifle along with whatever they may need for live quarry shooting, species, land 'twill be used over etc even if you have an open license giving chapter and verse will not hurt as to the reason why.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Polchraine

#3 Post by Polchraine »

Cornish-Viking wrote:Hi All,

I hope someone can help clarify how I can get one of rifles conditions from target to zeroing and live quarry? The caliber is 6.5cm.

Ive contacted Devon and Cornwall Police and as much as it pains me, they weren't very helpful with this.

What are you shooting with that? Tyrannosaurus Rex? 6.5cm or over two and a half inches - that is massive!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#4 Post by dodgyrog »

Polchraine wrote:
Cornish-Viking wrote:Hi All,

What are you shooting with that? Tyrannosaurus Rex? 6.5cm or over two and a half inches - that is massive!
6,5 Creedmore smart arse!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

dromia wrote:Write in to them, with your FAC attached, saying you want the conditions changed as regards that particular rifle along with whatever they may need for live quarry shooting, species, land 'twill be used over etc even if you have an open license giving chapter and verse will not hurt as to the reason why.
This.

What you're going to be shooting and where. As simple as that. (Technically*).

*In reality the only species that the Firearms Licensing Guidance book says you NEED that sort of calibre for are large deer. So Fallow and Reds, possibly Roe. You will likely be asked to complete at least level 1 Deer Stalking Certificate (if its still called that) if you don't already have it, have multiple stalks booked OR proof you have permission/access to land that has such beasties and have significant stalking experience or access to a 'mentor' if you don't.

They may however sign you off for foxes with that if its the only rifle you have.

They may also just sign it off without batting an eyelid.

Welcome to the licensing postcode lottery. teanews
DVC