Generation Next: GB shooter Ruth Mwandumba

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Generation Next: GB shooter Ruth Mwandumba

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Nice to see the BBC giving shooting and Ruth some exposure. She would almost certainly have shot in the Commonwealth games if it was not for the PC bollox that saw the discipline thrown under the bus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/shooting/55708221
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
FB66
Home club or Range: Bedford & LMRA Bisley

Re: Generation Next: GB shooter Ruth Mwandumba

#2 Post by FB66 »

Good to see and lives not far from where I was brought up. It makes you wonder what the shooting governing bodies are doing to raise the profile of the crop of young shooters we have, when "Break dancing" or sorry Breaking was going to be an Olympic Sport.
RDC

Re: Generation Next: GB shooter Ruth Mwandumba

#3 Post by RDC »

FB66 wrote:Good to see and lives not far from where I was brought up. It makes you wonder what the shooting governing bodies are doing to raise the profile of the crop of young shooters we have, when "Break dancing" or sorry Breaking was going to be an Olympic Sport.
I do see promotion of younger shooters, from Eley especially so.

Seonaid McIntosh was Scottish Sportsperson of the Year 2019 too. I

It's nice to see a positive article in the BBC, she's an exceptional shooter. I'm also pleased to see that they have published that she has found the UK shooting community to be very welcoming and supportive, with negative comments coming from outside of shooting circles rather than from within.

Worth noticing that the bottom right has a link to find a club if people are interested!