Buying from the EU after Dec 31st

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Buying from the EU after Dec 31st

#21 Post by Pete »

I buy RS powders here in the UK, and I certainly don't pay £96 a kilo for 'em!

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
The Gun Pimp

#22 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Sim G wrote:
rox wrote: Exactly - just shoot 30% less, and enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting rip-off Britain.

Rip off Britain from EU companies, why do you think that is? The Daily Mail found out seven years ago when they researched the one true, pan-EU company, where the items bought in Gateshead are exactly the same as the items bought in Milan, Berlin or Oslo. Ikea. For exactly the same item Ikea charged the U.K. shoppers some 70 to 300% more than they did in the cheapest EU store. And the reason? IKEA stated that's what the local market can support.

So perhaps the reason Brits get ripped off for Lapua brass is because the European supplier is taking the pi$$?

And case in point, "Mr Amassador" how much does Reload-Swiss charge to supply powdered to the U.K. compared to EU? RS60 87.50 Euros in the Netherlands, but almost 96 quid in old Blighty? It'll be those greedy Brits no doubt!

https://www.cdsgltd.co.uk/reloadswiss-rs60.html

https://www.drummencustomguns.com/en/re ... owder.html
I think I've mentioned it before but when I was at the World Benchrest Championships in Sweden we were next to the Finnish guys in the reloading tent. They had a stack of Lapua brass, bullets and Vit powder for sale - at more than we were paying in the UK! As with IKEA - it's what the market will stand.
rox

#23 Post by rox »

Sim G wrote:Rip off Britain from EU companies, why do you think that is?
Actually I was referring to American companies - Nosler, Sierra etc. I suppose you think they're ripping us off while giving the continentals cheap prices? After all, it can't cost much more to ship from the USA to Southampton than to Antwerp (when our ports are functioning normally).

As for RS powder; it's inevitable there will be some difference; dangerous goods shipping across the channel is expensive and fraught with difficulties. Re: your price comparison, if you're prepared to accept 'Reloader Swiss' you could try this (£88.94) - at the current exchange rate a 1:1 price in EUR/GBP seems not too unreasonable give the extra dangerous goods shipping:

http://www.brockandnorris.co.uk/reloadi ... p106417396
Mike95
Home club or Range: Harrowden Rifle Club

#24 Post by Mike95 »

I have contacted several German firms in respect of the H and N plated bullets.. none will ship to the uk..

Mike95
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#25 Post by phaedra1106 »

HuntingSport SARL in Luxembourg sell them, I just placed an order with them a few days ago without any problem.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#26 Post by meles meles »

H&N are availabubble here in the UK through Black Rifle - have a word with Major Disorder of this parish....
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#27 Post by mag41uk »

Mike95 wrote:I have contacted several German firms in respect of the H and N plated bullets.. none will ship to the uk..

Mike95
Which ones are you looking for?
Mike95
Home club or Range: Harrowden Rifle Club

#28 Post by Mike95 »

Wanted the 125gn hollow point .30 cal.. incidentally, Black Rifle are the sole uk distributor of H and N bullets and are still awaiting their orders from Angela

Mike95