Wraith Scope - Review

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
NFHunter

Wraith Scope - Review

#1 Post by NFHunter »

I bought myself a Wraith scope a few months ago here's my review.

The specs:
4-32 x 50
4 AA batteries
Colour by day, b/w or green at night
Inboard IR? No
Heavy? Not particularly

My user feedback
The unit comes with its own IR torch which claims 200m illumination. Thats garbage, only any good at air rifle ranges.
The daylight image is pretty good, it starts to pixellate noticeably at over x16 but its still very useable.
Paired with a 850nm T50 torch I can easily engage targets out to 250m and can spot much further.
At night you need the IR on full power if you crank up the magnification over x12
Does it hold zero? Yes
Do you need the swing back mount? Yes I don't think you'd get the correct eye relief without it.
It does eat batteries! Run it on rechargeables but be aware that they run at 1.2v so will register as flat after an hours continuous use so turn it off between shots, or take out shares in Duracell!
You can change the reticule shapes and colours, bit gimicky but you can find one that suits your needs and your eye's ability to distinguish colour.

Is it better than the Yukon Photon? Yes
Is it better than the Sightline N450? In some ways yes, particularly the fact you can use it during the day.

Happy to discuss if anyone is considering buying one.
Shoot safe, shoot straight.
280ACK

Re: Wraith Scope - Review

#2 Post by 280ACK »

Cheers for that, mine nv packed in last winter & needed a direction