Section 58 restrictions

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Rarms
Past Supporter

Re: Section 58 restrictions

#21 Post by Rarms »

mag41uk wrote:Hmmm.
So IF I could add a currently sec 58 revolver to my sec 1 fac?
Nah .... dont be silly!
I doubt they will be shootable when on ticket, unless you could convert them to 7.3 to shoot them?

When my brocock was put on ticket it was conditioned at not to be used over 6ft/lbs.

The whole locking them away in a safe kills it for me. I like having my Sec.58s on the walls or on my desk. Added to that it will probably kill the value of them.

And its impact on gun crime....
James84

#22 Post by James84 »

Such a shame... I still regret selling my .44 S&W First Model. I'd buy another in a heartbeat to keep on ticket.
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#23 Post by DanTheMan »

Rarms wrote:
mag41uk wrote:Hmmm.
So IF I could add a currently sec 58 revolver to my sec 1 fac?
Nah .... dont be silly!
I doubt they will be shootable when on ticket, unless you could convert them to 7.3 to shoot them?

When my brocock was put on ticket it was conditioned at not to be used over 6ft/lbs.

The whole locking them away in a safe kills it for me. I like having my Sec.58s on the walls or on my desk. Added to that it will probably kill the value of them.

And its impact on gun crime....
I think it would be very simple to transfer between 7.1 and 7.3 especially as the fact that you already own a sect 58 shows you have a historical collection. It's simply the matter of moving it into approved storage.
The Brocock fiasco was the only reason I got a FAC, I had several BACS revolvers and it was a simple process to apply for a FAC to keep them. When interviewed by the local firearms chap he asked if I was in a club and then said why not get a few slots for real firearms.......and that's when it all got expensive.
Ended up deactivating the Brococks years later and changing the slots to more rifles & LBR's once I realised what fun powder burners were.
The Event

#24 Post by The Event »

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/202 ... tents/made

The statutory instrument has now been made and comes into effect in a couple of weeks.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#25 Post by bradaz11 »

so still has 44american on it, which is Russian isn't it? or is that another step shorter?
11 french ordnance (navy) is what the french 1873's are chambered in isn't it?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
The Event

#26 Post by The Event »

.44 American was the precursor cartridge to .44 Russian. A heeled, externally lubricated bullet rather than the internally lubricated one of the Russian. The Russian case is also slightly longer than the American.