European firearms requirements from 1 January 2021

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
rox

Re: European firearms requirements from 1 January 2021

#11 Post by rox »

snayperskaya wrote:
Sim G wrote:Weather should be better though.
July and August are in Monsoon Season.........and boy can it rain!
From memory, the last information I had was that it was going to be in February.
Chapuis

#12 Post by Chapuis »

The plan was that the shooting events would be run some months earlier than the other commonwealth game events probably to account for this.
Fedaykin
Home club or Range: Cawdor

#13 Post by Fedaykin »

Basically a sordid little compromise, the hosts in Birmingham gets the result they wanted by not having to host shooting and continue the agenda of Sports UK to class shooting as not a 'real' sport and India ensures it can still have its haul of shooting medals to boost themselves up the medal table at the games.

For us in UK shooting sports it is yet another affirmation that the myriad organisations that are meant to defend and promote UK Sports shooting are toothless and totally unable to fight our corner beyond pearl clutching statements about trying their best!
I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz.
I have lived 300 years...

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
full of mystery and intrigue,
rich in irony, and most satirical.
Fedaykin
Home club or Range: Cawdor

#14 Post by Fedaykin »

Not the first time that UK sports shooting has been shafted during a major UK sports event among the greats being:

BBC at the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth games stating it was not logistically possible to show any TV coverage of the shooting being held at Bisley as it was too far from Manchester. This despite the BBC being a global news organisation that can spare local News resources to cover ever single count during a general election and Bisley being a 30 mile drive from BBC TV Centre in Woodlane and there being camera crews filming the shooting for broadcast internationally

2012 London Olympics after failing to ditch shooting the hosting authorities decide to host the shooting at temporary facilities in Woolwich rather than at Bisley just outside London as the latter was too far away ensuring that UK shooting got no long term benefit. Note that the Olympic yachting was held in Poole Bay that well known coastal London Borough...
I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz.
I have lived 300 years...

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
full of mystery and intrigue,
rich in irony, and most satirical.
rox

#15 Post by rox »

Fedaykin wrote:India ensures it can still have its haul of shooting medals to boost themselves up the medal table at the games.
...except it's not really the 'Games' medal table - it's some combined table that will be published some time after the Games have finished and been forgotten about.