MARS / Lever Relaease

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: MARS / Lever Relaease

#31 Post by Sim G »

A club is required to record to date, make, caliber serial number and type of each firearm on a persons FAC for target shooting, when used. That is an obligation placed upon the club. We see day in and day out, variations in how firearms are recorded on FACs and ultimately theses sometimes wrongly recorded types are all the police have to go on, as that's what's been submitted to them.

Of course the police could just have not bothered. Not written or kept those who own the now prohibited firearms that the date for enactment has come, the FAC holder misses out on his compensation, gets arrested for possession of a prohibited weapon which is a strict liability offence and may receive a prison sentence, but most certainly will lose their ticket.

Hussah! There's one in the eye for the Rozzers and worth every effort of throwing whatever correspondence in the bin...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#32 Post by Mattnall »

The HO publication on approval of clubs wants the club to record the type (that's firearm type, not action type).

This publication was actually withdrawn just under two weeks ago and I can find nothing that supersedes it yet.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#33 Post by IainWR »

Quarters wrote:Surely the National organisations will be able to issue guidance to clubs?

They must have access to legal advice that can clarify what clubs legally have to about these letter?
OK, I'm missing something here. I have (as far as I know - the NRA has about 20 admin staff and a letter may have arrived in the wrong place though from the context I imagine it is something that every other member of staff would immediately send to me) no letter that fits the matter in discussion. I am the named individual on the HOA and the FAC holder for NRA-as-a-club. Anyone like to tell me WIHIH? legal@nra.org.uk or 01483 797777 ext 154

Iain
NRA Safety Legal & Technical Services
Chuck

#34 Post by Chuck »

The Offensive Weapons Act 2019 introduced new prohibitions under the Firearms Act 1968 on certain rapid-firing rifles and “bump stocks”, which increase the rate of fire of self-loading rifles.
Err were SLR's not stolen from you all after Hungerford?? Is MARS classed as an SLR then?
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#35 Post by Blackstuff »

Chuck wrote:
The Offensive Weapons Act 2019 introduced new prohibitions under the Firearms Act 1968 on certain rapid-firing rifles and “bump stocks”, which increase the rate of fire of self-loading rifles.
Err were SLR's not stolen from you all after Hungerford?? Is MARS classed as an SLR then?
It was for semi-auto .22RFs. You could get a bumpstock to work on them with an accompanying muzzle device to boost recoil. Utterly pointless, but utterly fun.
DVC
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#36 Post by DanTheMan »

According to the Facebook group, LR amnesty begins on 10th December and every owner should receive an email or letter, with procedures etc, by the 14th.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#37 Post by Blackstuff »

2020 the year that just keeps on kicking :cry:
DVC
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#38 Post by Airbrush »

DanTheMan wrote:According to the Facebook group, LR amnesty begins on 10th December and every owner should receive an email or letter, with procedures etc, by the 14th.
About time, I could do with the £.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#39 Post by Airbrush »

mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#40 Post by mr smith »

Airbrush wrote:
DanTheMan wrote:According to the Facebook group, LR amnesty begins on 10th December and every owner should receive an email or letter, with procedures etc, by the 14th.
About time, I could do with the £.
While I do feel sorry for those having these taken from them but that's pretty much how I feel.I was about to put my LR up for sale when this kicked off.