MARS / Lever Relaease

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Quarters

Re: MARS / Lever Relaease

#21 Post by Quarters »

Surely the National organisations will be able to issue guidance to clubs?

They must have access to legal advice that can clarify what clubs legally have to about these letter?
Sim G
Past Supporter

#22 Post by Sim G »

Quarters wrote:Surely the National organisations will be able to issue guidance to clubs?

They must have access to legal advice that can clarify what clubs legally have to about these letter?

Why? What would that achieve or even be the aim?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#23 Post by bradaz11 »

Quarters wrote:Surely the National organisations will be able to issue guidance to clubs?

clubs don't HAVE to do anything about this letter.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Sim G
Past Supporter

#24 Post by Sim G »

You're right, they don't have to, but what is to be gained by not doing what's asked in these circumstances?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

#25 Post by J4mes »

I know what could be lost, and that's FEO and backroom staff time.

Time which could be spent processing variations, applications and renewals, which instead might be spent tracking down these firearms if no help is forthcoming from those that shoot them or those who permit them to be shot on their ranges.
lapua338

#26 Post by lapua338 »

If officialdom deemed these firearms to be so dangerous why are they still in public ownership (the Bill was granted Royal Assent on 16 May 2019)?

There was no evidence to prohibit them. We all know the narrative is bulls**t.

Officialdom demands HO approved clubs maintain impeccable records.

I asked the question why one of your primary responsibilities (data management) is so inadequate?

They didn't like the question nor did they have an answer (p*** and wind came to mind).
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#27 Post by bradaz11 »

Sim G wrote:You're right, they don't have to, but what is to be gained by not doing what's asked in these circumstances?
how many 9mm or 45 acp rifles are there out there that aren't lever release?

a smattering of delisles and other adaptations like that, not a lot else. I'm sure it wouldn't take one person too long to track them all down, after all it's a centrally accessable system isn't it? ie one force can see other force FAC info? why would every dept need to repeat it all themselves?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Quarters

#28 Post by Quarters »

Sim G wrote:

Why? What would that achieve or even be the aim?
To ensure we are presenting a united front.
Quarters

#29 Post by Quarters »

bradaz11 wrote:

clubs don't HAVE to do anything about this letter.
That's why I feel the NRA and others could issue a response that clubs could use with to send this request back.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#30 Post by hitchphil »

As a club secretary I have received no such request & it will go directly in the bin.
Its not a clubs role to manage 'extremely dangerous weapons, owned by members & that must be taken off the streets'. lol

Shoot the barrel out till its worse than a Somme relic, then paint them pink & only hand in the bits that are required - convert the rest to std lever action.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?