Timeframe release of the lockdown for open air ranges ?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Timeframe release of the lockdown for open air ranges ?

#51 Post by Pete »

A lot of people are evidently in denial over this pandemic, if the pics taken at some of the beaches are anything to go by.......

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Polchraine

#52 Post by Polchraine »

Perhaps the police should keep a record of those "stopped and advised" as well as those fined.

Then, when it comes to a vaccination programme, if your name is on the list, you go to the end of the vaccination list.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#53 Post by GeeRam »

Polchraine wrote:
Triffid wrote:The clay pigeon layout on Long Siberia at Bisley is re-opening for Pay & Play, with hour-long pre-booked slots.

https://www.bisleyshooting.co.uk/coronavirus-update/

You're even allowed to shoot with a friend!

Trifid
To quote from the link:

11. Lavatory facilities will be open. To be used in emergencies only please.
12. ...
13. ...
14. ...
15. ...
16. Lavatory facilities are closed to prevent contamination
Also,

7. Clients are required to wear suitable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)

Without stating what they expect the PPE to be 8-)

They also mention about the pods being disinfected after each use, but there's no mention of the fact that you need to operate the buttons on each stand to operate the clays, so, err......?

As someone has already pointed out, social distancing is already being ignored on public transport and elsewhere in the past week since restrictions have been 'relaxed'.

I expect it won't be too long before there will be another spike in infections and serious cases in hospitals.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#54 Post by snayperskaya »

Pete wrote:A lot of people are evidently in denial over this pandemic, if the pics taken at some of the beaches are anything to go by.......

Pete
I don't necessarily think a lot of people are in denial over this pandemic, I think it is more a case of they've had enough*.......

*I'm not say this is right or wrong, merely my opinion.I do think the R number as of now is probably lower than the official figure as the data used to work it out is a couple of weeks old.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Laurie

#55 Post by Laurie »

snayperskaya wrote:
Pete wrote:A lot of people are evidently in denial over this pandemic, if the pics taken at some of the beaches are anything to go by.......

Pete
I don't necessarily think a lot of people are in denial over this pandemic, I think it is more a case of they've had enough*.......

*I'm not say this is right or wrong, merely my opinion.I do think the R number as of now is probably lower than the official figure as the data used to work it out is a couple of weeks old.
I reckon we have two, maybe three, tribes in the UK now.

One - the No Risk At All bunch. Any risk at all is too great for them. Schools should stay closed as 'it's far too early to even consider reopening' .... etc, etc. This group appears to include inward relocating retirees from the towns and cities to many English scenic and coastal areas and a lot of people in rural Wales and the north of Scotland. It would also appear to include the members and executives of some public sector trade unions.

Two - the I Can't stand another day cooped up in this flat. B*gg*r the government and social distancing - I'm off to the seaside bunchgroup.

Three - the In-Betweeners who migrate between group one and two attitudes according to the latest thing they've seen online or on the box or as the implications of the lockdown on jobs, holidays, children's education and future prosperity gradually sink in.

I reckon (quite unscientifically and lacking any data ha! ha!) that grp one is now hard-core and will stay that way until there hasn't been a recorded Covid-19 case for 12 or more months or there is a guaranteed 100% reliable vaccine. Therefore many members of this group will die without ever restarting normal life. (Some have little option of course as infection may have a high probability of death due to serious health conditions.) Grp 2 is growing and pressure will soon blow the top off the pressure cooker leading to near civil unrest and threats of public disorder in some extreme cases. Grp 3 is moving towards 2 in that a combination of pressures from semi-lockdown, uncut hair, comments from Matt 'No lavish foreign holidays this year' Hancock, kids stuck at home, but most of all worries about incomes, or even whether there is going to be any employment left at all once things are fully eased and how are we going to eat / pay the mortgage? are growing by the day. From here on in the economic news will get worse with almost every new day bringing news of another major employer going into receivership or laying off half its workforce permanently. Fear of unemployment and penury will soon overtake fear of the virus and there will be near revolt if the government doesn't move relaxation on faster.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#56 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
You could bet money that if two or more shooters turned up on the range for a socially distanced event (Not including family members)
the police and press would be all over the occurrence like a rash
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#57 Post by snayperskaya »

Mauserbill wrote:Hello
You could bet money that if two or more shooters turned up on the range for a socially distanced event (Not including family members)
the police and press would be all over the occurrence like a rash
This might be a silly question but why do you start every post with Hello?......asking for a friend

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#58 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Eventually somebody has finally asked wondered when. Just being polite in greeting before expressing a point of view, post, sale etc
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#59 Post by Ovenpaa »

In our part of Lincolnshire all conversations begin with 'Now then' which seems to be a universal male greeting. In Denmark I soon learnt 'Goddav' was the more rural greeting and translates to 'Good Day' however the sophisticated and more refined types would never use such a greeting, hence I use it all the time in DK which does seem to provoke a wry smile from some.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#60 Post by snayperskaya »

Mauserbill wrote:Hello
Eventually somebody has finally asked wondered when. Just being polite in greeting before expressing a point of view, post, sale etc
Ah, I see......but we all know you now :good: