Timeframe release of the lockdown for open air ranges ?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Timeframe release of the lockdown for open air ranges ?

#1 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Following the PMs comments regarding allowing certain venues to re-open, hinting that it will be soon depending on Covid19 data.
Any body know where open air shooting ranges are classified in the table of lockdown venues, and there possible re-opening, are any of the shooting organisations involved in discussion with the government regarding this issue. I recently read an article that scientific evidence indicated that being outside and not in a crowded location made it more difficult for the transmission Covd19
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Re: Timeframe release of the lockdown for open air ranges ?

#2 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Extract from the Mirror web site encouraging news I hope !!!!

Officials have privately made clear, including to the Mirror, that outdoor activities will be among the first to resume because there is less risk of transmission than indoors.
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#3 Post by Thorney »

Its my understanding that outdoor activity where social distancing can be maintained will be in the first wave - May 18th-30th.

We have our first mini rifle match on May 30th, which we hope will be ok.
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#4 Post by Plumose »

That would be great if it is in the first wave, especially as it would also allow me to start diving again too (although probably just at quarries and shore diving as boat diving would put people too close together).
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#5 Post by Andy632 »

Plumose wrote:That would be great if it is in the first wave, especially as it would also allow me to start diving again too (although probably just at quarries and shore diving as boat diving would put people too close together).
Err, use a bigger boat????
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#6 Post by Racalman »

Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#7 Post by Pippin89 »

An MP names Jonathan Djanogly, also Chairman of the British Shooting Sports Council, recently wrote to the secretary of state supporting the reopening of open and covered shooting ranges. The letter is very clear and good evidence is presented that open and covered firing points on clay grounds and target rifle ranges pose very little danger of transmission. It also goes on to say that indoor ranges have good spacing between firing points and could possibly be carried out while maintaining social distancing. Maybe by only utilising every other firing point.

I think indoor ranges are unlikely to be opened just yet, but hopefully the letter will allow open and covered shooting to continue as soon as possible!
Polchraine

#8 Post by Polchraine »

Given the way "money talks", football will be first, then rugby ... Sports such as angling will be well down the list even though with game fishing - salmon and trout, you need to be 25 to 50 metres away from anyone else and often 400m.

Where does or will pigeon shooting sit? For a lot of farmers it is "pest control" and is carried out by people who consider it their hobby or sport.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#9 Post by snayperskaya »

Polchraine wrote:Given the way "money talks", football will be first, then rugby ... Sports such as angling will be well down the list even though with game fishing - salmon and trout, you need to be 25 to 50 metres away from anyone else and often 400m.

Where does or will pigeon shooting sit? For a lot of farmers it is "pest control" and is carried out by people who consider it their hobby or sport.
I doubt football and rugby would be in the first wave unless games are played behind closed doors and hard for footballers and rugby players to tackle each other etc without getting up close and personal so to speak.

Fishing is ideal when it comes to social distancing, as well as golf and outdoor ranges etc so I'd say these could potentially be first.I don't play golf but looking at some golf sites on the net to get an idea they reckon golf courses could only get a couple of hours notice on when they can reopen.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Polchraine

#10 Post by Polchraine »

snayperskaya wrote:
Polchraine wrote:Given the way "money talks", football will be first, then rugby ... Sports such as angling will be well down the list even though with game fishing - salmon and trout, you need to be 25 to 50 metres away from anyone else and often 400m.

I doubt football and rugby would be in the first wave unless games are played behind closed doors and hard for footballers and rugby players to tackle each other etc without getting up close and personal so to speak.

Fishing is ideal when it comes to social distancing, as well as golf and outdoor ranges etc so I'd say these could potentially be first.I don't play golf but looking at some golf sites on the net to get an idea they reckon golf courses could only get a couple of hours notice on when they can reopen.
You are being too logical, that is the way it should happen. But will it? Germany is allowing football from next weekend!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.