RFD Registration

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
jack Mack

RFD Registration

#1 Post by jack Mack »

I am considering registering as an RFD and am wondering what the hurdles are in relation to compliance and storage. I often carry out repairs on stocks and other basic work on a variety of shotguns and rifles, rifles with the owner present. I often carry shotguns in my vehicle for a local estate and whilst I can normally cover myself under the 72 hour rule, it would be beneficial if I didn't have to consider that time scale.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: RFD Registration

#2 Post by Mattnall »

Depending upon what you want to do and how many firearms you'll likely have in at one time the storage security is not too onerous. It might a monitored, central station alarm especially is it is not at your house.
The biggest hurdle is proving your intent to trade, possibly by showing intended market and/or business plan. You seem to be getting on OK just now without an RFD(but be careful as undertaking some work on others' firearms even with them present requires an RFD which you don't have just yet) so do you really need it?

The shotguns could just be added to your SGC and then the 72hr period wouldn't matter. Stocks can be left with you.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.