Photographing Rifles

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: Photographing Rifles

#11 Post by DanTheMan »

Have another, again tripod, white wall behind it, aperture priority, F11 - let it take it's time and +1 over exposure and you can darken it in an editor later.
I stripped and repainted that lafette with dunkelgelb :p

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#12 Post by snayperskaya »

Is that an original Wehrmacht MG-42 and Lafette tripod or one of the later Yugo versions?......very nice either way :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
DanTheMan
Past Supporter

#13 Post by DanTheMan »

snayperskaya wrote:Is that an original Wehrmacht MG-42 and Lafette tripod or one of the later Yugo versions?......very nice either way :good:
Genuine 42 made in Maget in Berlin in 1943, the anti aircraft sight attachment about a foot back from the muzzle is the easiest way to tell, the MG53's dont have them.
The lafette is a later Yugo made one.

This is it's cabinet friend, again I have gone for the corner to corner photo to maximise the canvas size, that's a cameraphone photo, waited for the clouds to come over (avoid harsh sunlight) and a garage door backdrop.

Manufactured by Gustloff-Werke in 1940 showing fantastic WaA stamps, this one is a keeper.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#14 Post by snayperskaya »

Very nice Dan :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#15 Post by GeeRam »

DanTheMan wrote: Manufactured by Gustloff-Werke in 1940 showing fantastic WaA stamps, this one is a keeper.
Understandable.

I have a thing about 1940 dated 'stuff'..... my Kriegsmarine issue K98k is 1940, as was my previous Heer issue K98kF1.

I also have a 1940 dated and named, matched, full RAF No.1 uniform made by Gieves & Hawkes.

When I sold all my de-acts some years ago, I couldn't part with my two M1928 Thompsons, as one I thought at the time was 1940 made, but, I've since found out its very early 1941, but I still wouldn't have parted with it, as its quite rare being one of the only 3000 or so that were ordered by the Dutch, and has the Dutch Crown acceptance marks on it.
JS569
Home club or Range: catterick

#16 Post by JS569 »

DanTheMan wrote:
JS569 wrote:
DanTheMan wrote:Camera on a tripod, rifle corner to corner on the floor, +1 on exposure setting, captures enough to get a decent overview.

Off topic but is that a genuine No1MkIII* sniper's rifle? Is it Lithgow by any chance?

Good pic too, your technique works obviously
Nope just an old SMLE with a Simmons 1-4WTC which is in keeping with the spirit of things, hence hiding it with hessian sand bag :good:
How is your scope attached to the rifle? Sorry for the questions.
DanTheMan
Past Supporter

#17 Post by DanTheMan »

I'm sure it was an SK no gunsmith mount, needed a bit of woodwork but they are ok for small scopes

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#18 Post by Blackstuff »

Is this for professional listings or something? Or do you just want some 'glamour' shots of the girls? :D

Its just if its for listings, it always puts me off when the photograph is TOO good! I either think its a manufacturer picture stolen from their website and not actually the gun for sale or they're trying to hide something. Probably just me being cynical/paranoid! :squirrel:
DVC
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#19 Post by Gh0st »

Tough one to do if you like the background to be semi interesting, this ones a little dark as I haven’t edited it.
Attachments
DECD406A-BEE6-4EDF-80F6-D3FD467D7E45.jpeg
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#20 Post by TRG-22 »

@nd wrote:Sorry just had to.
I put the rifle/gun on a light grey/neutral sheet on the bed, stand on a step ladder zoom in on the gun until it fills the frame.Get directly over the rifle to avoid distortion, then crop out anything unwanted.Put a board under the sheet to stop any wrinkles in the sheet.
And just then the FEO drops by for an unannounced inspection and thinks you sleep with your rifle...

lol
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.