New Merseyside policy

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: New Merseyside policy

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

Agreed Bradaz, we have recently changed clubs however we took the precaution of joining the new clubs a good while before membership of the old one expired. I suspect this is down to the sudden closure of an existing club.

As an aside, we joined two more clubs start of this year, one accepted as full members on the spot as we were FAC holders. The other has asked that we shoot with them as probationers for a while which is fine as far as I am concerned.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by 1066 »

So is the next move by some "progressive" force - as the clubs have now all shut down for "X" amount of time (which could easily be six months or more) you no longer have good reason to hold your firearms if they are only conditioned for target shooting?
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
RDC

#13 Post by RDC »

1066 wrote:So is the next move by some "progressive" force - as the clubs have now all shut down for "X" amount of time (which could easily be six months or more) you no longer have good reason to hold your firearms if they are only conditioned for target shooting?
No, since the clubs are expected to open again. Also the use the firearm 3 times in a year guideline allows for mitigating circumstances. In this case a national lockdown is a pretty good reason.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#14 Post by bradaz11 »

Ovenpaa wrote:Agreed Bradaz, we have recently changed clubs however we took the precaution of joining the new clubs a good while before membership of the old one expired. I suspect this is down to the sudden closure of an existing club.

As an aside, we joined two more clubs start of this year, one accepted as full members on the spot as we were FAC holders. The other has asked that we shoot with them as probationers for a while which is fine as far as I am concerned.
same here when I moved to WSM. I stayed a member of phoenix, even though the tunnel accepted me on the spot.

The police said they would let FAC holders keep their guns, until new membership was found. If locl clubs made them all sit the 6 months to someone with no FAC, then none of those have a valid club yet. I don't see what new risk these people pose from before. nothing has changed. they are causing needless face to face contact IMO.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Pinguino
Home club or Range: Bisley

#15 Post by Pinguino »

After getting my FAC back recently due a variation, I noticed the wording had changed to state that the FAC was only valid while I remained a member of xxx club (my main reporting club). I queried this with FLO (Hertfordshire) and they confirmed that it was the new wording/regulation. I did state that I actually did the vast majority of my shooting with other clubs (of which I'm also a full member) but apparently this didn't make a difference. However, although I have no intention to leave my current main club, if it folded, would full membership of other clubs not suffice due to the wording on my FAC ?
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#16 Post by bradaz11 »

yes, thats fine, i was informed it was a variation to change my club, as it was recorded on FAC and would require a reprint. the fact you are a member is enough, they just record one as your' home' club on your ticket
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#17 Post by Cornish-Viking »

I hope if this is happening that they treat everyone firearm with respect. Not everyone has a banger of a bang stick.
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/
RDC

#18 Post by RDC »

Cornish-Viking wrote:I hope if this is happening that they treat everyone firearm with respect. Not everyone has a banger of a bang stick.
A cynic wouldn't be surprised if they parade them on North West Tonight and get a double spread in the Echo.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#19 Post by dromia »

Cornish-Viking wrote:I hope if this is happening that they treat everyone firearm with respect. Not everyone has a banger of a bang stick.
Peoples property should be treated with respect regardless of its condition.

One persons "banger of a bang stick" is another persons pride and joy.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#20 Post by Cornish-Viking »

dromia wrote:
Peoples property should be treated with respect regardless of its condition.

One persons "banger of a bang stick" is another persons pride and joy.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Oh I completely agree. What I meant was, if this collection does happen, they need to treat all peoples firearms with total respect. Just because it looks like someone hunting rifle and it has a few dinks and scrapes, it should get the same treatment as someone who has a pristine target rifle. Hope this makes sense.
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/