Home ranges.....

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
rufrdr

Re: Home ranges.....

#41 Post by rufrdr »

I used a heavy thickness cardboard box stuffed with old canvas coin bags with one of the wife's old metal baking sheets at the back of the box. I shot it with .22 CB caps from about 20 ft and never had a penetration of the baking sheet or the any bounce back. I imagine this set up will work fine for a pellet rifle or handgun as well.

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
Cookisan
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Diggle and MSR&PC

#42 Post by Cookisan »

I put the last of my stash of wood to a good use.
sb1.jpg
At the 6 yard point, can do 10m indoors or 12m from in the sun on the decking.
sb3.jpg
Shame I don't put the same effort into finishing the extension!
38Super
Home club or Range: FDPC

#43 Post by 38Super »

I've made some BB catchers from stuff I had lying around. Two single target (pictured) and one double target sized to take IPSC micro targets. There's a fabric curtain inside to absorb the energy. I can get up to 5m in the loft and 10m in the garden. Very portable so I can put them wherever I like for a bit of healthy running around and trigger time.
Attachments
BB catcher.jpg
Whizzbang

#44 Post by Whizzbang »

My 82m "range" is great but takes a bit of work to maintain in the growing seasons.

That dub 12ftlbs air-rifle is a challenge at that distance (so I generally don't shoot that far.)
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#45 Post by Thorney »

38Super wrote:I've made some BB catchers from stuff I had lying around. Two single target (pictured) and one double target sized to take IPSC micro targets. There's a fabric curtain inside to absorb the energy. I can get up to 5m in the loft and 10m in the garden. Very portable so I can put them wherever I like for a bit of healthy running around and trigger time.
Thats a really neat.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#46 Post by Ovenpaa »

The BT box in the workshop. The pellet catcher underneath is for chronographing as I will not use .22 or .25 on the bell box. Not in shot is the Chrono which is permanently set up. There are 6 yard and 10 metre firing points in the workshop.

Yes, I know it needs a tidy and I also spotted the butane gas can near the target! The towel is to protect the AC/DC Tig welder when not in use. Don't laugh but I really do mark the position of my feet at one firing point. I have tried numerous positions and always shot side on however I was struggling with my heart beat bouncing my supporting arm, so I have turned slightly and my left elbow now sits slightly outside of my torso which has made a difference to my scores.
IMG_6977.jpeg
IMG_6978.jpeg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
38Super
Home club or Range: FDPC

#47 Post by 38Super »

Garden range 1.jpg
My garden range this morning. Perfect for Action Air and I can reuse most of the ammo.
Polchraine

#48 Post by Polchraine »

Whizzbang wrote:My 82m "range" is great but takes a bit of work to maintain in the growing seasons.

That dub 12ftlbs air-rifle is a challenge at that distance (so I generally don't shoot that far.)

Looks like an AA S410 but say S400 Classic ... was it a post purchase conversion?

I have an S410k with a wonderful walnut stock ... will try to find time to post a picture. Have had it 10 over 10 years and when speaking with AA at a show soon after, the comment was "we wondered who would get that stock".

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Whizzbang

#49 Post by Whizzbang »

Polchraine wrote:
Whizzbang wrote:My 82m "range" is great but takes a bit of work to maintain in the growing seasons.

Looks like an AA S410 but say S400 Classic ... was it a post purchase conversion?

I have an S410k with a wonderful walnut stock ... will try to find time to post a picture. Have had it 10 over 10 years and when speaking with AA at a show soon after, the comment was "we wondered who would get that stock".
Yes, it's an S400 with an aftermarket mag conversion.
JammyGuns

#50 Post by JammyGuns »

Various airsoft pistols for me - WE Glocks, a WE 1911, an ASG SP01 and a Vorsk Glock with an RMR. Iv'e also holsters, mag pouches, spare mags and have built myself a decent IPSC range in the garden (very safe backstops, garden is enclosed and neighbours are fine with it) and follow the correct procedures as closely as possible. Obviously I wish this hadn't of happened but in a funny way it's at least really improved my practical shooting - instead of just talking about building a home practice range Iv'e finally got round to it, with resulting vast increase in trigger time... I'm hoping I can transfer the skills to my LBP later and eventually the real deal in NI once this whole thing is over with.