Home ranges.....

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

Re: Home ranges.....

#61 Post by poll007 »

1066 wrote:That looks like a lot of fun - I've never seen one off these kits in the flesh. Are they smoothbore? I believe they have a gravity magazine system.
it certainly is good fun-though i need to get some better bbs for it as a lot of the ones i have look dented or slightly out of round.
Thee barrel is Brass and smoothbore (it has some sections wound in string to keep it centered in the barrel without damaging the rifling).
i definitely forgot to tilt the rifle once or twice when cocking resulting in no ball making it into the breach
Site Supporter Since 2015

#62 Post by 1066 »

TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#63 Post by poll007 »

1066 wrote:Are you using lead BB's.?
https://www.jsramsbottom.com/catalogsea ... &q=lead+bb
Yes i'm using the Gamo lead bbs in your link, however after some sub par accuracy i've found that they aren't the most consistent when measured with my calipers (though they have been in a tub for a couple of years so i'm not sure how much tumbling around they have done which may explain why many are out or round or have dings/flat spots in them)
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#64 Post by snayperskaya »

poll007 wrote:I am lucky enough to have a hammerli trainer kit for my swiss K31, got it at auction a couple of years ago, tested it down the range a couple of times before it stopped working and then left it on a shelf.

So after finally figuring out how to take it apart to fix (and try several times to put it back together again before finally getting it right-the swiss don't make things simply) i've managed to get a little 5m range set up across the length of my flat ( a whopping 5.5m with my knees toughing the bathroom sink so not exactly the best practice for prone)

That has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a while!, I did a Google search for "Hammerli training kit for K31" and i have to say it is a cracking idea :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#65 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Bit late to the party but here is my home made plinking butts. The idea is that the curtain will catch the pellet, there is a 1mm steel plate on an angled laminate board as a failsafe. Bit Heath Robinson but most of it was built from scrap, the frame is from a pallet and some of the wood is offcuts. Haven't tried it yet but tomorrow is my B'day and I'm getting one of those nice looking Webley Mk6 pellet guns. I need to see if I can borrow a horse now to do the mounted drills. I've also just serviced a Webley Senior, a BSA Scorpion and my trusty Baikal IJ-38.

(sorry Snayperskaya - had it since I was 14 and it's staying with me ussrflag - as a consolation, watch this Youtube video that shows Soviet kids fending off imperialist aggressors (in a tank commanders hat for some reason! I found it when I was looking for a how to video on how to service the IJ-38) )

Attachments
Buttstop_air_range.jpg
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#66 Post by 1066 »

That looks the business - I don't think I've shot on "Tin hat" targets since the 1960's :)
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#67 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

I found them in my shooting files. Don’t know where they came from but the groups are appalling! (Not mine!)
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.